M&E Maintenance Estimator Job, City of London
One of the UK’s leading independent building services companies is looking to recruit a brand-new position for an Estimator in their Service and Maintenance department based in London. The successful candidate will have 2-3 years’ experience working within the M&E Maintenance sector and within a similar role and have the willingness to learn and progress within the business.
- Working closely with the Commercial team on a day-to-day basis managing all aspects of M&E pricing / cost modelling for each bid opportunity.
- Collaborating with others articulating ideas and viewpoints to resolve issues
- Prepare data and costings for the tender submissions working alongside the Commercial Manager
- Site visits as needed to compile accurate info for proposals
- Ensure the timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Complete all relevant bid paper work including creation of Method statements, risk/issues register and other Bid documents.
- Deliver fully costed roadmap of the service line to operations through the mobilisation process
- Work in partnership with the Commercial Manager throughout the bid process
- Prepare submissions in the agreed format consistent with the company branding
- Manage handover of successful bids to the Operations team
- Provide feedback and responses for the delivery team to assist with any post tender queries
- Preparing the cost components of the proposal, including understanding of the scope, planning and personnel in partnership with the Commercial Manager
- Attend meetings with Clients, Management team and relevant stakeholders as required
- Manage the supply chain to ensure competitive quotes are obtained
- Ensure supply chain quotes are checked to ensure compliance with the tender documents
- Manage tender clarifications throughout the bid process
- Ability to be able to labour load Service Contracts
- Visit site as required to conduct and complete a full asset Dilapidation report
- Support and chair the handover of the successful bid to the Operations team as part of the Mobilisation process
- Support and lead the PQQ process as issued by Clients
- Assessment of new business opportunities for commercial, operational & strategic viability.
- Preparation of compliant and commercially attractive bids
- Ongoing tender dialogue/negotiation with consultants, clients
- Review of final instructions, mobilisation and handover to Ops
- Requirement to manage complete bid process from PQQ to mobilisation
- Ongoing commercial & strategic review
- Support to Commercial and Operations Teams
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience working within the M&E Maintenance sector and within a similar role essential
- Proven track record with bid estimating and project management delivering technical projects
- Strong financial and commercial acumen with ability to analyse complex data
- Ability to present proposals both internally and external
- Proven track record of profitable/winning bids
- Good time management and experience of working to tender deadlines
- Ability to present costs in Company standard and clients preferred format in Excel
- Ability to manage complete bid process
- Confident oral and written communication skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Communicate effectively with all relevant stakeholders
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Mentor and support others
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Previous experience within Estimating
- Must have planned maintenance experience
- Confident bid writing skills to explain cost/tender proposals
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Commercial & Operational acumen
- Excel (High level)
- Word (High Level)
- Power point (Intermediate)
- InDesign (basic working knowledge)
- Professional qualifications and professional body memberships preferable but not essential
- In-Design experience preferable but not essential
- TUPE Awareness
Hours – Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm (4pm finish on a Friday)
Salary – £45,000 – £50,000 (depending on experience)
- Annual holiday entitlement is 23 days in the complete holiday year, increases to 26 days after 1 complete years of service and increases further to 31 days after 5 continuous years’ service.
- Sickness – After successful completion of the probation period – 50 days’ full pay and 50 days’ half pay.
- Life assurance – £15,000 during the probationary period increasing to three times annual basic salary (whichever is the greater), following probation.
- Profit Share
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Health Care
- Subsidised Restaurant (site specific)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Casual Friday with 4pm finish.
- Hybrid working – 3 days in office 2 days at home.
- Flu vaccinations