Working for an International contractor as M&E Planner you will be focused on projects centered around the European data centre construction market. Here you will use your expertise to oversee the M&E/Building Services engineering design and installation on these varied European projects.
As M&E Planner you will join this contractor’s European delivery team as they work on their latest data centre project ensuring that all construction works are completed to deadline, delivered to plan and with a clear focus to meet budget.
About the M&E Planner
With a strong background of delivering data centres or additional projects in clean rooms, mission critical, pharma, oil & gas, energy and technical commercial projects, you will quickly become an integral member of the project team, as you play your part in project delivery. This high value project will require your knowledge and knowhow throughout as you make sure the whole team combines to keep on plan.
Your first project will be based in Sweden, before moving onto additional data centre and mission critical projects in Europe. As the incumbent Planner you will have the chance to join a company who invest in their staff and support career development alongside interesting projects.
- The ideal M&E Planner should already be based in the EU, or happy to relocate and work on rotation.
Skills that you should possess as the M&E Planner
- Good knowledge of Mechanical or Electrical infrastructure
- Detailed understanding of the planning and proposal process of engineering and construction
- Strong experience of delivering and implementing planning and rescheduling operating procedures
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the architectural construction, installation and commissioning cycle of M&E services
- Experience of ideally Primavera P6 or other software such as ASTA PowerProject
- Good grasp of full project life cycle with the ability to impact processes where needed to aid the project, even if this means challenging opinions
- Ability to coordinate and deliver planning and programming under relevant set guidelines
Key deliverables of the M&E Planner
- Manage the building services engineering design and installation scheduling process with the key aim of reducing risk to the projects and the company
- Decipher project strategies and contractual obligations into concise plan for bid and execution phases
- Bring together all project planning related matters and coordinate these with the commercial, financial and project based teams in addition to suppliers and of course the client
- Contribute, oversee and establish planning deliverables for the project
- Coordinate and deliver risk analysis to the progress of the project, allowing for a clear route of delivery
- Be able to make your voice heard at regular project meetings to discuss progress issues
Key benefits to you as the new M&E Planner?
- The chance to work on a exciting data centre project
- Impact the decisions and delivery of a widely recognised market leading contractors DC projects
- Be able to grow your career in an established international company
Key requirements for the M&E Planner
- Although the project is based in Sweden you must show a proven knowledge of the English language
- If you are a fluent bilingual speaker this would be advantageous but not essential
- You will also need to ideally have experience in a similar role delivering M&E or MEP projects
- Previous experience of mission critical or data centre projects would also be an advantage
- Ideally have an electrical or general M&E or MEP Planner project background
Next step to apply for this M&E Planner
If you are interested in this M&E Planner role, please do not hesitate to apply.
On application a further technical discussion on the role and key experience, skills and duties can be held. Please be aware that the current project is based in Europe and further project wins could be across the EU. With this in mind, the ideal candidate must be comfortable working away from home if not based in country.
This role will be working on a rotation basis with accommodation, flights and in country transport provided. On application further information on rotation, hours, benefits can be discussed
Energi DC specialise in working within the Data Centre construction sector where we work with companies who build, construct and install the services of data centres around the globe. In addition to the advertised role we also place construction and MEP: Construction Directors | Project Directors | Project Managers | Senior Site Managers | Quantity Surveyors | Estimators | Commissioning Managers