M&E Quantity Surveyor
My client are a well-established M&E Contractor based in Southampton. They get involved in a wide range of exciting projects including the likes of Hotels, Offices, Schools, Student Accommodation and much more in London and the surrounding areas. Due to team growth, they are seeking an experienced M&E Quantity Surveyor to help drive profitable growth across the company, understanding and defining the long term business unit strategy.
You will be accountable for profitability and performance for the projects under your control, including the establishment and achievement of financial targets, ensuring the company and client needs are exceeded at all times.
- Manage all commercial and surveying activities to ensure they reflect the requirements of the business and implement the agreed project strategic plan to achieve the current and future agreed performance targets, minimising risk of exposure
- Manage the surveying activities you are assigned on a daily basis, and as such, be accountable to the Managing Surveyor for their performance
- Provide weekly financial reports to the Lead Managing Surveyor
- Manage the projects you are assigned on a daily basis, and as such, be accountable to the Lead Managing Surveyor for their performance
- Ensure that all commercial activities are delivered to the agreed time/cost/service/specification, presentation and quality
- Keep and maintain full documentation to ensure that good business practice is achieved and that the company’s contractual and corporate responsibilities are discharged
- Full compliance with commercial team daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly and general responsibilities
- Full compliance with the company standards and expectations manual
- Attend contract control management meetings with the project team
- Undertake financial report presentations for work in progress in conjunction with the Lead Managing Surveyor, Operations Director, Managing Director and Group Finance Director
- Undertake weekly surveying meetings with the Site Managers and Project Managers
- Ensure our company’s commercial position is always maintained
- You must have previous experience working within an M&E contractor environment.
- You must hold a degree qualification or equivalent in commercial management or quantity surveying.
- Professional memberships i.e. RICS/MRICS are an advantage but are not essential.
- You will have experience of managing or mentoring junior members of staff
- You must have a strong working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building industry and good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
- You must be highly analytical and computer literate with an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel/ Words and Projects.
- You must be a strong communicator with a high degree of personal motivation holding excellent negotiation, organisational and interpersonal skills
Job posted in: Quantity Surveyor Jobs
- Southampton (Hampshire, England)
- £350 - £400 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
Contract Job Duration
- Quantity Surveyor Jobs