A fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Estimator to work for an M&E Contractor within Building Services. The position will be based in Oxford. The contractor supplies services into Residential, Commercial and Public sectors.
If you are looking to get out a team and move into a role that can take you to management level over the next few years, this is the position for you.
- Understand and scrutinise the project specifications and design drawings
- Manage and assist in PQQ preparation and submission
- Measure of materials and labour and preparation of take offs
- Complete tenders within strict deadlines ensuring effective use of time management and communication
- Identify and present tender qualifications and exclusions
- Understand and scrutinise sub-contractor quotations and clarify and resolve any queries in a timely manner
- Send enquiries to wholesalers and supply chain whilst developing and maiming existing and new relationships
- Liaise with clients and subcontractors in a courteous and professional manner
- Preparing and accurate update report for the Directors on all tenders and submissions
- Attend post tender award and pre construction meetings with the Project Delivery Team as part of a structured handover
Experience and Qualifications
- Time served or academic qualifications in Mechanical building services required
- You will need to have experience in estimating medium sized projects previously.
- Experience in Commercial, Public Buildings and High End Residential sectors
- Mechanical Estimating experience
Please get in touch if this sounds like an opportunity of interest to you.
Job posted in: Building Services Construction Jobs