Mechanical Maintenance Engineer Job, Swindon
A well-known facilities management company has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join their team in Swindon. The role will be hands on position carrying out maintenance duties to sustain and improve heating, chilled water, ventilation and air-conditioning services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient day to day execution of maintenance activities relating to mechanical services.
- The operation and maintenance of mechanical services (heating, ventilation/compressed air and other piped services)
- Carrying out works effectively
- Fault finding, repair and maintenance of a wide range of mechanical building services such as plumbing, heating and ventilation systems
- Carrying out legionella related maintenance tasks, including system flushing, temperature tests, water sampling and storage vessel inspections.
The ideal candidate will have a recognised qualification in the mechanical sector – HVAC, Mechanical Engineering, Plumbing or Pipe fitting. Along with
- Proven experience in the building services industry
- Experience of fault finding in heating, ventilation and mechanical plant systems
- Knowledge of safety legislation
- NVQ Level 2/3 (desirable)