Mechanical Project Engineer Job, Bedford
My client is a well-established M&E, Plumbing & Heating company who have been rapidly growing since the late 70’s The have become a well-respected business providing Building Services to a range of sectors within the construction industry.
They are currently seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer to join their team to work in the office in Bedford and visit a number of project sites across London & home counties.
The engineer will help assist with the support planning, procurement, on site assembly, commissioning, operation and maintenance of the mechanical projects.
- Engineering of multiple projects from tender to design development, procurement, construction, handover and defect liability period stages
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors, and in-house project teams
- Working with the estimating team to produce successful tender bids for potential projects
- Development of Consultants drawings, with emphasis on the technical and practical merits of their drawings, to produce construction/working drawings
- Working with detailed diagrams, plans and drawings
- Procuring a variety of specialist sub contract and plant and equipment orders up to a value of £2M.
- Managing the design of specialist sub contract elements of projects from procurement through to handover e.g., mechanical and BMS controls and fire sprinkles systems
- Attending on-site project programme/technical/commercial meetings when required across London
- Working with the commercial team within the business to control procurement, produce financial forecasts and manage risk
- Managing the commissioning of mechanical services on multiple projects
- Specifying operations and maintenance procedures to clients
- Conducting all duties with the health and safety of all at the forefront of each and every action
Qualifications & Experience:
- Previously held a building mechanical services engineer’s role within a contracting/sub- contracting construction business.
- Mechanical Degree in Building Services or Engineering
- Strong practical and design knowledge of building mechanical services.
- Demonstrate astute commercial awareness
If this sounds like an opportunity that is of interest to you, please get in touch on 01252413086 or alternatively pop your CV