My client have been an industry leader in delivering major rial and highways infrastructure projects, with an impressive portfolio of projects successfully delivered in the most challenging and restricted of environments.
They are currently seeking a number of Mechanical Project Engineers to join an London Power Tunnel project in multiple locations around London.
The engineer will help assist with the support planning, procurement, on site assembly, commissioning, operation and maintenance of mechanical systems to ensure the tunnelling works and temporary works on LPT2 are safe and fit for purpose.
- Plan, design, procure, install, maintain and supervise mechanical systems on LPT2 including TBM’s, rolling stock, ventilation, conveyor and gantry systems
- Provide comprehensive, accurate and complete Mechanical design that meet the industry standards
- Identify interface between individual systems, understand relationship between systems and highlight potential clash and ensure overall system is developed to meet HMJV expectations
- Participate in daily on-site inspections
- Ensure mechanical activities are undertaken in line with Quality standards and procedures
- Prepare Risk Assessments and Method Statements in a timely manner to undertake mechanical works
- Carrying out defect/breakdown analysis, ensure corrective tasks are completed in a timely manner and prepare lessons learnt reports to promote continuous improvements
- Provide assistance to site engineers in matters regarding the Mechanical systems
- Develop programmes and ensure that the Mechanical works are completed to programme taking consideration for other works that may impact/be impacted by the works
- Liaise with Project Team to review and discuss designs and developments
- Liaise with Procurement team and ensure that required spare parts and consumables are ordered and available
- Support mechanical teams
- Prepare required reports on defects, issues, breakdowns, damages etc
- Ensure all permits required are in place
- Ensure staff is using the correct PPE, tools and machinery before starting a task
- Manage the Team, Materials and quality of work
- Ensure tunnelling works are carried out to agreed budgets and time line
- Assist with preparation of cost estimates for project design and construction
- Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems
- Forecasting of labour, materials, design, equipment to ensure smooth work flow during the tunnelling works
- Implement maintenance schedules for all equipment and ensure that maintenance is carried out and records are maintained
- Ensure that adequate spare parts are in place to avoid unnecessary non-productive time during the tunnelling works
- Liaise with suppliers for spare parts
- Maintain responsibility for the storage, filing and archiving of documents relevant to your mechanical tasks
- Provide advice and guidance on design and operational issues
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Relevant Degree Qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working in the mechanical engineering and tunnelling field
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
- Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
- Data acquisition and interrogation skills
They are looking to pay up to £45,000 plus package and career progression.
Please apply if interested.
Job posted in: Building Services Construction Jobs