Mechanical Project Manager Job, Surrey
Mechanical Contracts Manager
Mechanical Projects of £100,000 to £5, 000,000.00
At this time we are seeking to recruit a Mechanical Contracts Manager who is enthusiastic, self-motivated, a good team player but equally able to work on their own initiative.
The successful candidate should be capable of demonstrating previous successful experience of managing Mechanical projects within the range of £100,000.00 to £5,000,000.00, to be able to work under their own initiative from receipt of initial instructions to completion of the project.
Mechanical Contracts Manager Duties:
- Estimating Assistance – The ability to read drawings & specifications and extract all information to allow accurate costing.
- Health & Safety – Inductions of personnel onto site, carry out daily briefs, toolbox talks, preparing and issuing RAMS, monitoring H&S plan.
- Procurement – Preparing and issuing Technical Submissions in advance of major orders, monitoring of stock materials, assist site supervisor with timely procurement of materials, overseeing deliveries and appropriate hire goods when applicable.
- Subcontractors – Liaising with subcontractors & specialists, coordination of works, troubleshooting.
- Programme – Monitoring the progress of the programme & reporting on progress to Main Contractor / Client / Operations Manager
- Quality – Ensuring that the highest standards are achieved and maintained, implementation and continued motoring of the company IMS systems.
- Meetings – Attend all required company / department meetings, prepare, and provide all necessary input for project /client progress meetings
- Verification / Testing – Responsibility for arranging and scheduling and the monitoring of all required commissioning / testing of equipment & systems within the contracts and ensuring that full records are obtained and retained for O&M competition.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Mechanical Project Manager in the construction or engineering industry.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems and equipment.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- Effective leadership and team management abilities.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
If you are a results-driven individual with a passion for mechanical engineering and project management, and you meet the qualifications mentioned above, we encourage you to submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you’re the ideal candidate for this position. Please send your application to: