Data Centre Construction Project
Based in Bordeaux, France
Role requirement of the MEP Coordinator
Reporting to the Senior Construction Manager you will also have regular contact with Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Drainage and Firefighting Project Managers covering coordination and deliverables.
Manage the CAD operators and ensure that the production of drawings are of good quality and in accordance with project requirements.
Responsible for coordination of the technical design and any workable solutions
As MEP Coordinator you will also be responsible for the coordination of building services and implementation of the construction drawings including but not limited to:
- Fire fighting
- LV, MV and ELV
- Structured cabling
- Combined services drawing & builders work drawings.
- Investigating the project and preparing and submitting the proposal to the Senior Construction Manager
About the MEP Coordinator
Using your strong background of delivering data centre and critical MEP projects, you will work closely with the senior construction manager to deliver:
- Project Investigation and proposal preparation
- Project specifications & drawings analysis.
- Issue the design teams preliminary design & equipment selection.
- Proposal submission
- Provide technical support to the engineering team
- Contract execution preparation
- Work with the design office on detail design; including schematic design of all building services
- Submit the design (in line with specifications & client expectations) to the Senior Construction Manager for approval
- Prepare construction documents to the site including Construction drawings
- Contract execution
- Manage the submission of design drawings for approval by the client.
- Prepare contractors work drawings and combined services drawings as built drawings
Additional key requirements for the MEP Coordinator
- Fluent French speaker
- Additional Bi-lingual skills of either English or Croatian
- The is a site-based role with minimal or no remote working
- Option of accommodation, travel and business expenses depending on candidate location
Key skills of the MEP Coordinator
- On application, the key technical MEP systems knowledge required will be discussed, but if you have the track record of working on data centre projects or affiliated mission-critical projects, your knowledge will already meet the client’s key requirements.
- You will also have the technical know-how to seamlessly work with the data centre client, their design team, specialist consultants and the MEP subcontract teams as you all work together to deliver this data centre project.
- Educational background in Electrical & Mechanical engineering or a master’s degree
- Preferably have good knowledge of IEE design, Electrical Codes, CIBSE standards, DIN EN, VDE and good engineering practices
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the construction sector
- Ability to work in a team and take a leadership role making key decisions and evaluating priorities
- Be able to respect others engagement and input but have the interests of the company at heart
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy and especially MS Offices, MS Project, AutoCAD.
Next step to apply for this MEP Coordinator role
If you are interested in this MEP Coordinator role please do not hesitate to reach out and apply.
Energi DC specialise in working within the data centre construction, MEP and FM sector where we work with companies who build, construct, install and maintain the services of data centres around the globe. In addition to the advertised role we also place Construction, MEP and FM: directors | project directors | project managers | senior site managers | quantity surveyors | estimators | commissioning managers | critical environment on-site engineers and FM/PPM mission critical and data centre facilities team members