MEP Design Director Job, Dubai
MEP Design Director / Operations Director
MEP Building Services Design
Salary – Very competitive, tax free + bonus and benefits
A unique and rewarding opportunity for an influential, dynamic and results orientated MEP Design Director to influence and lead the growth of a well-known British MEP Design consultant’s Dubai office.
Reporting to the international Director, the MEP Design Director is responsible for leading a high performing Mechanical and Electrical (MEP) engineering team to ensure all projects translate successfully from conceptual design into construction while adhering to budgetary constraints and project time lines while managing resources efficiently.
Your new employer
An independent, UK based, multi-award-winning MEP Design Consultancy with a strong presence in England, the UAE and KSA for over 50 years.
The consultancy has a proven track record in delivering large & unique projects within England, UAE and KSA for prestigious clients including signature architects, developers, and contractors. Project sectors range from heritage to commercial, fit-out, residential, life sciences, data centres, high-rise and residential.
They have a CIBSE approved training scheme and a fantastic company culture, truly recognising their people as their best asset.
What’s in it for you?
- Tax free salary, competitive benefits and performance related bonus
- Flexible work arrangements
- Technically rewarding projects
- Be part of a company that is committed to investing in your future
- Working for an independent business giving autonomy & freedom to push boundaries of design
Your new role, MEP Design Director
- Leading, developing and growing a medium sized team of MEP engineers to deliver design projects across UAE and KSA
- Business planning and strategic market assessments to develop & grow the business
- Securing new flagship projects, thought leadership & Client relationship management across the UAE and KSA
- Commercial and Financial management to ensure maximum profitability of projects and business
- MEP Design delivery & resource management
Education & Experience Profile, MEP Design Director
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Building Services Engineering, from a recognised university
- 15 years+ MEP design experience
- Demonstrable track record of delivering high profile projects from conception to completion on time & in budget
- Proven ability to lead, inspire, mentor and motivate a team of MEP engineers in a multidisciplinary consultancy environment.
- Knowledge of local regulations (DEWA, DM, ADDC, Dubai Civil Defence) is required.
- Proven track record in securing prestigious projects
- Networking and marketing experience at industry events to raise company’s profile
- CEng, UK is essential
The next steps to apply for the MEP Design Director
Apply immediately with your updated CV and contact details. I will personally call you for a confidential discussion. We will explore your current situation, skillset and career aspirations along with discussing this role and the client in more detail.
Following our conversation, I will speak to my client and share your CV for review. Interviews will be held via MS Teams for candidates outside the UAE and face to face for candidates residing locally.
To apply for this fantastic MEP Director – Design job, please contact James Mowat, Director of Energi People.
Energi People are a privately owned global multi-disciplinary recruitment consultancy, established in 2002.
We are one of the most experienced and successful recruitment consultancies in the built environment & have successfully helped some of the largest and most technically advanced building construction projects across the world be completed by bringing the best technical people in our industry together. We strive to help companies grow & careers flourish.
Our MEP Design consultancy team have more than 35 years of recruitment experience within building services engineering recruitment within the MENA region, including a former building services design and project engineer.
James Mowat was recently a Judge at this year’s MEP Middle East Awards, a real statement of recognition of our commitment, presence, and dedication to the MENA Built environment Industry