Fantastic opportunity for an experienced MEP Technical Manager, with mega project experience to lead the engineering team of a very well established MEP Contractor in Dubai, who have just been appointed to deliver the MEP Services on a multi-billion dollar project in Abu Dhabi.
I have recruited for this company for over 10 years across the GCC and know them incredibly well indeed. This will be an office and/or project based role that will suit a strong manager with a strong technical MEP background. Key functions of this role will be managing consultants, pre tender works and effectively managing the design and drafting teams.
- Degree holder in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 – 15 years minimum experience in the Engineering/MEP Engineering field
- At least 5 years in Technical manager position
- MEP contracting experience preferable
- Mega project experience in Engineering Management Position
- Reporting line Operations Manager / General Manager
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the Design & Engineering management process for construction company
- Ability to lead the engineering teams in identifying re-engineering savings and incorporation of these within the engineering process
- Management and scheduling of Technical teams
- Management and scheduling of the cost of engineering output for business
- Management and scheduling of offshore and outsourced support companies
- Manage of the business BIM implementation
- Identify innovation within engineering supply chain and construct processes
- Management of internal weekly/monthly engineering forecast and review meetings with Project Teams
- Participate in design meetings where necessary and provide continual input to optimize engineering/design delivery and ensure we minimize futile work.
- Assist in developing Design and Engineering Delivery Schedule along with on-site technical manager/engineers, client, Project Manager, Design Managers and consultants.
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline.
- Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with outsourced engineering firms.
- Assist Project Manager in incorporating onto D&C running sheet all internal and external design and cost issues.
- Manage distribution and production of project workload within teams.
- Collaborate on new design issues and research projects with team.
- Ensure projects and finished graphics are accurate and precise.
- Manage and maintain record keeping of engineering schedules and build files for all projects.
- Project prioritization of engineering, design, assignment and management to engineers/designers.
- Lead with effective supervision an experienced design/engineering teams toward greater creativity and efficiency.
- Evaluate and motivate engineers toward continued growth and leading engineering solutions.
- Participate in departmental strategic planning.
- Manage the tendering technical submissions team for major tenders
Full expat package provided, as part of the above salary. This is comprised of basic, accommodation and car allowances. Family visa, flights, medical & gratuity provided along with schooling, mobile, laptop and fuel card.
Please contact James Mowat from Energi People to discuss this role further and to apply
Job posted in: Building Services Construction Jobs
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- £115000 - £125000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Construction Jobs