Mobile Electrical Engineer Job, Cornwall
A well known and established Facilities Maintenance company is looking for a Mobile Electrical Engineer to join their team in Cornwall (South West).
The Electrical Engineer will carry out electrical services, planned maintenance (PPMs), reactive works M&E repairs and able to carry out minor basic fabric repairs.
- PPM in adherence to set HVCA engineering standards. All in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act requirement and to company safety procedures and contract specification.
- Respond to reactive works to include all Mechanical & Electrical and minor fabric issues.
- Adhere to the out of hours call out rota (as required).
- Correct and timely completion of paperwork according to company policy and procedure.
- Provide engineering condition reports and quotations.
- Logbook auditing.
- Good customer interface skills.
Technical Skills / Knowledge
- Demonstrate competence in all areas of your primary trade (with valid certification)
- Delivery of service excellence
- Reasonable understanding and a proactive approach to the following other trade skills:
Electrical: Competent Fault finding; 18th Edition, C&G 2330 levels 2 & 3, NVQ levels 2&3 & C&G 2391 Test & Inspection, PAT testing; electrical servicing; basic controls
Fabric: Basic carpentry (door hanging, shelf erecting etc); internal furniture, fittings and decor repairs; external fixtures and fittings repairs; emergency leak repairs and gutter cleaning
Miscellaneous: meter reading; emergency light testing; water temperature recording; alarm testing.
Qualifications / Person Specification
Minimum of one trade qualification with bias on: Electrical Installations and Test & Inspection Requirements
Reasonable competence or a basic understanding of the other trades where certification permits
Minor building/fabric items; controls/hydraulics/pneumatic as requested when necessary