Operations Manager – Fire & Security Job, Birmingham
The Operations Manager is a key part of our senior team, responsible for the leadership and growth of the Operations Department. This role will take on the overall responsibility for the project management, administrative coordination, and implementation of business operations, taking all necessary actions and decisions for the management of the team and processes.
The role requires an individual who is flexible across all these areas and who can demonstrate high standards of professionalism in the delivery of high-quality services to our clients. The Operations Manager will need to be collaborative and willing to help others, take on a range of varied tasks, working under pressures, cover leave absences and deal with emergencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for management of all installation, service and fault works within business.
- Managing and organising tasks required within a fast-paced environment to support the overall business objectives.
- Manage the growth of the operations department, ensuring that the team is vibrant, technically able, and fulfilled in their role.
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures.
- Set the strategic direction for the department and build systems that encourage growth and improvements.
- Reviewing and approving operational invoices
- Supporting with HR duties such as recruiting and mentoring
- Provide operational & financial reports.
- Ensuring compliance with governing bodies and H&S regulations
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years in an operations management, project management or similar role.
- Extensive experience in rolling out operational policies and processes in combination with the ability to create definite plans and the dedication to deliver them to accomplish goals and realised outcomes.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Communication and networking skills
- People-person, who takes pride in providing good service.
- Good leadership qualities with the ability to provide direction.
- Experienced with data analysis supported by excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Resilient with evidence of being able to work under pressure.
- Influencing and developing team members
- Highly organized and skilled with time management
- High level of personal integrity, professionalism, and work ethic
- Strong project management, planning abilities and decision-making skills
- Experience protecting company classified and sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Valid UK Driver’s licence.