Operations Manager Job, England
One of the UK’s leading independent building services companies is looking for an Operations Manager to join their Facilities and Maintenance department in Bristol.
A senior, high profile role encompassing both the strategic development and hands-on operational account management of various mobile contracts. To effectively and proactively manage the client/customers delivering profitable growth, increase contract opportunities in all TFM complementary services delivery streams. Driving operational improvements to ensure first class relationships and the delivery of exceptional customer service levels are achieved at all times. To identify and support the development of all associated contract opportunities and the maintenance of and the continuation of long term strategic relationships. Develop and deliver the service models in line with our strategic organisational objectives and mentor the contract management team to provide an efficient communication and service delivery solution.
- Match and exceed the contracted KPI/SLA`s.
- Support, lead, manage and mentor the contract team to ensure contract compliance at all times.
- Ensure the contracts are fully compliant to all legislative, contract and company polices
- To ensure company performance and delivery matches and exceeds all contract and company SHEQ requirements providing effective management and execution of company policies and procedures, including Health and Safety and Quality Assurance in the delivery of service contracts.
- Ensure the relevant supervision levels are maintained and that the necessary levels are empowered to make decisions to ensure prompt solutions for both the business and the customers.
- To ensure the contracts deliver financial returns and profitability across all service streams/disciplines.
- To manage and maintain commercial results in line with all contract and company policies.
- To set strategic objectives for both the contract delivery teams and business activities to ensure continued growth and delivery throughout the duration of each contract.
- To develop and maintain high level strategic relationships with the various senior management stakeholders within the client`s property services management team.
- Identify strategic corrective actions, refurbishment/project opportunities, end of life equipment and prepare high level reports with recommendations and cost returns for the client’s consideration.
- Continually look for innovative ways in which to develop the service delivery which will add benefit to our customers.
- Work closely with the contract mangers / supervisors to ensure they have a clear understanding of the direction they require the service to be delivered to meet their changing environment and ensure that the company’s delivery is aligned accordingly.
- Reporting of the financial status to the Director of Operations and Regional Accountant ensuring all areas of the contracts are delivering to the agreed budgets.
- Set and manage firm financial and delivery targets for the contract team managers to meet established objectives, which will include the reporting of the financial status to the Director of Operations.
- Arrange and chair team briefs/meetings/workshops (to be formally recorded) involving the contract management team to ensure all staff is kept well informed of contract performance.
- Production and maintenance of a site succession plan ensuring all training and development requirements to maintain the plan, are implemented
- Liaison and control of project management/supervision, to confirm that they are complying with the Company’s policies and procedures, which include but are not limited to Health & Safety/Quality Assurance /British Standards and UK codes of practice, and company commercial processes.
- To ensure all contract specific local procedures are implemented these will include emergency and escalation processes, as necessary in the delivery of the service.
- Produce monthly reports for the clients and Director of Operations in the agreed format
Technical Skills / Knowledge
- Experience in a similar management position
- HND/ HNC or equivalent in engineering or managerial discipline
- Clean driving licence
- A good general education is required including GCSE in English and Maths.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- At least 5 years’ experience in building services management.
- V.A.C & Health & Safety principal and to have a full, comprehensive knowledge of the standard engineering specification.
- Should have previously worked on office building Maintenance site in the same capacity carrying out daily maintenance activities directly and supervision/monitoring of appointed sub-contractors.
- Formal Management Qualification
- Membership to the Institute of Safety and Health (IOSH) or equivalent
- Chartered Engineer
- Providing Direction
- Obtaining results through people and driving for excellence
- Commercial/ Financial Awareness – understands and applies commercial and financial principals, viewing issues in terms of costs, profits/ returns, budget control, Working Capital, markets and added value.
- Risk Management
- Customer Awareness
- Health, Safety Environmental – effectively manages HSE aspects within the business, ensuring compliance and welfare of team members.