Great opportunity for a Chief Pre-Construction Officer, based in the Caribbean. You will be providing leadership for the Estimating, Design-Build & Virtual Construction and Business Development functions. Along with managing the process and resources that provide quality pre-construction services to Clients while developing a strong multi-skilled team to support the company’s growth objectives. You may be required to visit suppliers and company facilities both locally and regionally.
Proficient Computer Skills, knowledge of Microsoft software programs (Word, Excel, Project), Procore, Cost Estimating software, AutoDesk platform and other industry platforms.
Duties to include:
Manage the Pre-Construction Services and Department of the company both locally and regionally.
Develop strong relationships with client/consultants/supply chain and staff.
Ensure a consistency of approach and drive forward continuous improvement in bids, both commercial and quality submissions; Manage, direct and set win strategies for bids
lead bid strategy, review and adjudicate meetings.
Provide organisational leadership that raises our competence with BIM/VDC.
Positively engage project teams to strategically drive adoption of BIM and Innovative technologies, especially during the Pre-Construction phase.
Ensure full compliance will all company processes and procedures and ensure that all bids are controlled in accordance with the company governance levels and procedures.
Manage and control Pre-Construction costs.
Provide innovation thinking and ideas to differentiate company bids from the competition, both commercially and in terms of the quality of submission, content and format.
Maintain financial records of completed bids to maintain feel for competitive/winning market levels
Compile budget costs for tenders/bids.
Ensure estimators costs within bids are validated.
Plan, allocate and manage resources (internal and external) to process bids successfully.
Participate in management reviews of work load and opportunities.
Maintain Client relationship through operations and closeout. Be available to negotiate / assist with dispute resolution as required by the operations team.
Work closely with the business development coordinator to identify and secure work opportunities from the open market.
Extent to which Pre-Construction services are enhanced through the continuous quality improvement program and the introduction of BIM processes and associated technology
Extent to which key personnel are developed and upskilled as evidenced by their personal development plans.
* Deep understanding of the construction industry. Estimating experience is a must.
* Minimum 15 years experience in Cost Estimating/PreConstruction/Planning
* Ability to make decisions regarding financial accuracy of Cost Estimates
* Ability to work to tight deadlines
* Leadership and organisational Skills – Must be capable of juggling many activities (multiple projects) at the same time. Ability to orchestrate design teams and guide the team while incorporating the requirements and budget
* Hands-on Leader able to build credibility through tangible contributions in a highly collaborative environment
* This position requires creativity and strong problem solving skills
Please send all reume as a Word document.
Job posted in: Building Services Construction Jobs