The successful individual will be responsible for all RIBA stages of the design (2-5) and eventual monitoring of sub-contractors on site and witness validation and sign off.
The individual must have experience of dealing with design team meetings with clients and contractors. They are looking for an engineer who can mentor/ inspire junior/ intermediate engineers within the business.
The individual must have 5 years plus of working within a building services consultancy and ideally should be degree qualified and chartered or working towards chartered engineer status.
The successful individual will be dealing with pipework and duct-work sizing/ plant sizing and should have a natural grasp of engineering concepts as well as a strong knowledge of the necessary applicable British Standards and CIBSE Codes of practice.
They will need to have clear written, verbal communication skills and have good presentation skills.
The practice deal with a great deal of innovative design solutions within the performing arts sector and so they require an individual who is capable of thinking outside the box and is comfortable dealing with all types of energy modelling software/ drawing software. They are constantly exploring/ researching new types of sustainable design methodologies so they are looking to bring on-board an individual who is capable of thinking in this way.
To meet the requirements for the role the below are desirable attributes:
- Degree qualified.
- 7-10 years post degree experience – Technically competent.
- Experience using AutoCad/Revit.
- Experience using IES VE, Hevacomp.
- Interest in innovative design solutions/ low carbon design.
- Must be capable of managing a team of engineers.
- Has experience of mentoring junior/ intermediate engineers
- Has client facing experience.
Job posted in: Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs
- Kent, England
- £55000 - £65000 per annum + pension
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs