Principal Electrical Engineer – Building Services Job, Riyadh
Principal Electrical Engineer – Building Services
MEP Building Services Design
37,000 – 45,000 SAR per month + benefits
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Are you a dynamic building services design professional looking for an opportunity in a multi-disciplinary global consultancy that have live projects including cultural, aviation, commercial, residential, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East.
As the Principal Electrical Engineer – Building Services, you will be joining a highly dynamic, established team in my clients Riyadh office. The MEP design team has a deep focus on design and a highly digital and visual approach. The successful candidate for the Principal Electrical Engineer – Building Services will provide full MEP project leadership on an array of projects with signature architects spanning the MENA region
To apply for this Principal Electrical Engineer – Building Services role, you will come with over 10 years of electrical building services design experience & minimum of 5 years of experience in the Middle East on major projects.
YOUR NEW EMPLOYER
We have partnered with this excellent, global, multi-disciplinary consultancy, first placing an engineer in their Dubai office in 2006!
Not only do they have a fantastic reputation for a supportive and collaborative company culture, but they enjoy everything they do & so will you! Like minded and personable people will thrive in this environment and will really help strengthen the team, which has rapid progression on offer for talented, driven candidates.
You will enjoy their focus on digital and parametric design and believe that the future of our industry lies in working smarter not harder.
If you’ve got potential and want to push the boundaries of design, they will help you achieve it!
THE PRINCIPAL ELECTRICAL ENGINEER – BUILDING SERVICES ROLE?
Specific areas of key responsibility include the following:
- Training, mentoring and development of engineers.
- PM on selected projects by managing the successful delivery of high quality multi and single disciplinary projects
- Project and technical leadership.
- Team Motivation
- Applying policies relating to health & safety, quality and training
- Attending client meetings, delivering presentations and design reports
- Project manage and supervise teams to successfully deliver high quality discipline projects in accordance with corporate and client requirements
- Actively engage with clients and partners to gain feedback and deliver service improvement initiatives
- Input into business development & networking activities
- Coordinating with architects, structural engineers plus client, PM’s and QS’.
PRINCIPAL ELECTRICAL ENGINEER – BUILDING SERVICES, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years’ experience in MEP Building services Design, 5+ years’ experience in Middle East.
- Degree qualified in electrical or building services engineering
- Proven track record in electrical building services design with different types of sectors, including high rise, commercial, residential, retail, Healthcare, Industrial, refurbishment, etc.
- Chartered member of CIBSE, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of BIM / digitalisation techniques and standards
- Strong software capability and proficiency in Amtech, Dialux, Strikerisk AutoCAD, REVIT and Navisworks,
- Extensive knowledge of local and international design standards, BSEN, CIBSE, ASHRAE, NFPA etc
- Demonstrable knowledge of local statutory authorities’ regulations and submission requirements across Middle East, mainly, UAE and KSA
- Proven, demonstrable knowledge of Electrical Engineering Principles, LV, Lighting, ELV and FLS design
- Experienced at:
- Presenting to clients
- Attending demanding client meetings
- Preparing project proposals for agreement
- Arranging project resources
- Planning and running projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
THE NEXT STEPS
Simply click apply to this Principal Electrical Engineer – Building Services role with your updated CV and contact details & I will personally call you for a confidential discussion. We will explore your current situation, skillset and career aspirations along with discussing this role and the client in more detail.
I will then speak to my client and share your CV for review. Interviews will be held locally in Dubai.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please contact James Mowat, Associate Director of Energi People.
Energi People are a privately owned global multi-disciplinary recruitment consultancy, established in 2002.
We are one of the most experienced and successful recruitment consultancies in the built environment & have successfully helped some of the largest and most technically advanced building construction projects across the world be completed by bringing the best technical people in our industry together. We strive to help companies grow & careers flourish.
Our Building Services consultancy team have in excess of 20 years recruitment experience within building services engineering recruitment within MENA region, including a previous building services design and project engineer as part of our dedicated, highly skilled & passionate team.