Principal Engineer Job, Cheshire
Position type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable and Competitive
Our busy and thriving Consultancy client continue to grow, with a wide variety of projects in both public and private sectors. They are looking for an important role as a Principal Engineer who has experience within Rail and Highways Structures.
The impressive company employ over 100 professional staff and they require an ambitious Principal Engineer to deliver varied and challenging Highways and Rail structural projects for public and private sector clients.
The candidate will be a Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE) with experience in the design and management of building projects as well as mentoring/managing younger engineers.
Excellent career prospects are available for the right candidate and the chance to play a focal role in a successful consultancy. The successful Principal Engineer will be responsible for managing all aspects of the successful delivery of their schemes, including technical, commercial and client liaison.
Knowledge of and proficiency in applying DMRB and Eurocodes is essential.
Duties of the role include:
- The preparation of feasibility studies
- Design and checking for highway and rail structure schemes including refurbishment, strengthening and replacement schemes
- The preparation of contract documents using NEC forms of contract
- Preparation of specifications using MCHW or Network Rail standards
- Carrying out bridge inspections and assessments
- Financial and commercial management of schemes to deliver on time and to budget
- Client liaison
- Management of junior staff in the delivery of schemes
- Leadership, support, training and guidance to support the development of junior staff
If you or someone you know could be interested then please do let me know today!
Chartered, Rail, Highways, Leader, Structures, MICE, MIStructE