Principal Mechanical Design Engineer Job, Surrey
An established building services has an immediate requirement for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to be based in their Surrey office. You will have a minimum of seven years’ industry experience with the ability to run medium sized projects and undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Experience will include the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and are capable of incorporating those technologies into the data centre sector.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent and hold membership of relevant institutions.
- Responsible for running of medium size projects
- Undertakes a client facing role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services
- Designs and specifies Mechanical building systems, equipment, facilities, components and products
- Develops Mechanical engineering concepts and solutions
- Reports and reviews on Mechanical engineering options and makes final proposal
- Attend project design team meetings (perhaps overseas visits required) and co-ordinate with Architects, project managers,
- Obtain from client and provide a clear and accurate brief to design office engineering team
- Visit design office with design briefing and partake in conference calls with design office engineers to discuss/review project
- Technical requirements and deliverables
- Develop brief and disseminate to Engineering/CAD resource for each phase of project
- Provide expert technical advice and problem resolution to the design office
- Visit design office with briefing and mobilise the team
- Review deliverables from design office in accordance with briefing requirements sent to them
- Provide technical audit of deliverables from design office
- Present design proposals/solutions to client and design team
- Prepare specifications and co-ordinate with all other documentation
- Sign-off engineering documents/schedules/drawings/calculations received from design office
- Use computer assisted project software for both project related calculations and pro
- Ensure document control methods are being adhered to and quality control standards are being achieved
- Contribute to development of quality and technical standards within the office
- Responsible for assigned Engineers
- Work independently within the QA Systems
- Design reviews
- People management skills
- Clear Communication skills
In return they offer a very attractive salary/benefits package.