Principal Mechanical Engineer Job, London
Experienced in all aspects of the project life cycle from definition and feasibility to detailed design and site monitoring, we invest time to understand the processes and equipment to deliver a client’s strategy for growth.
As the team has grown, they have an opportunity for a Principal Mechanical Services Engineer to join their building services team in London, where you will lead and develop an enthusiastic and committed team of Engineers and Technicians to deliver high-quality output on projects and support the Associates in the day-to-day management of the local Mechanical Services team.
This team works across various sectors, however, there is a strong focus on Life Sciences and experience in this sector would be preferred.
We are looking for people who:
- Value quality and enjoy delivering technically excellent Mechanical services designs in the built environment including HVAC and Public Health.
- Want to take ownership, be innovative, use initiative and are driven by client satisfaction.
- Have significant experience in delivering on medium-size projects or managing packages on large projects.
- Have experience in managing small teams from graduate to senior-level engineers.
- Have experience in contributing to bids, proposals, and tender specifications.
- Hold a relevant degree and chartered or willing to work towards this.
- Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance and air side pass applications.
Why this role?
- With the opportunity to work in multiple sectors including Nuclear, Life Sciences, Defence, and Aviation, you will work on exciting and innovative buildings, often with top-tier architects and clients.
- The growing team provides progression opportunities, where you will be encouraged and supported to develop your role and challenge your skills to explore career paths that help maximise your technical and management skill sets.
- You will work within a supportive team with the ability to plug into and access our wider network of professionals
- You will have the opportunity to see your designs come to fruition through site visits and client engagement