Principal or Associate Structural Engineer – Leadership Role Job, South West London
Principal or Associate Structural Engineer – Leadership Role
£55,000 – £65,000 (negotiable)
Hybrid working (up to 3 days from home per week) Birthday off as free annual leave, Workplace Pension, Employee Assistance Programme
Are you an experienced and forward-thinking engineer looking for a challenging Principal or Associate Structural Engineer – Leadership Role? An exceptional opportunity awaits as a Principal or Associate Structural Engineer – Leadership Role with our dynamic, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy client located in South West, London.
Reporting directly to the Director, this role offers a unique chance to lead, manage, and make a significant impact within the team.
Principal or Associate Structural Engineer – Leadership Role Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare comprehensive fee proposals, including resource allocation and project time-lines for senior management approval.
- Manage projects from inception to completion, ensuring the highest quality and timely delivery.
- Lead multiple concurrent projects, including the preparation of Design Scopes and technical designs.
- Oversee the workload and provide technical and commercial guidance to a small team.
- Develop detailed methodologies, delegate tasks as necessary, and assess resource requirements at each project stage.
- Deliver projects within budget constraints, timescales, and quality expectations.
- Participate in project progress meetings and address design queries during construction phases.
- Effectively communicate critical project issues to Directors and clients in a timely manner.
- Establish projects, allocate budgets to work stages, and ensure financial data accuracy and invoice issuance.
- Assist in preparing monthly project workload and fee forecasts.
- Proactively manage projects to minimise Work In Progress (WIP).
Principal or Associate Structural Engineer – Leadership Role Behaviours:
- Demonstrate leadership by setting clear expectations for Senior Engineers, Graduates, and Technicians in delivering exceptional client service.
- Go the extra mile for work, clients, and colleagues, emphasising quality, consistency, and reliability.
- Champion a culture of quality, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Encourage innovation and creativity within your team and exemplify these qualities in your own work.
Person Specification for the Principal or Associate Structural Engineer – Leadership Role:
- Ideally Chartered engineer and member of either the Institute of Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in structural engineering design and construction.
- Strong technical design skills using British, European, and international standards.
- Project management experience in preparing drawings and project deliverables.
- Profound understanding of structural theory, excellent analytical skills, and proven problem-solving abilities.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level and become an integral part of their thriving team, apply now and be a part of their mission to lead the way in innovative structural engineering solutions.