This unique position will put the successful candidate in charge of managing a small research and development team. You will be responsible for developing new mechanical or electrical design solutions for data centre projects.
You will be undertaking a position dealing with the design and development of engineering services. Ensuring that you implement new ideas and new technologies for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, etc. for data centres into test designs and ensuring that you collaborate with the other project teams to implement these innovative solutions into client projects.
- Responsible for leading the R&D engineering team.
- Responsible for leading R&D engineering projects.
- Researches new and emerging technologies in the mission critical sector.
- Innovate new designs that aim to make the operational and construction environmental impact of data centres as positive as possible. Target – The Net Zero Impact Data Centre.
- Present new design solutions both internally and externally.
- Generate white papers and technical articles for publication.
- Present innovative engineering ideas and solutions at industry events.
- Responsible for managing Junior Engineers.
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to the client.
- Ensures engineering calculations and drawings meet the required stringent industry and legal standards.
- Leads on the project and engineering co-ordination.
- MSc/ MEng or PHD in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- MCIBSE/ MIEE or working towards chartered engineer status.
- At least 5 years experience in the design of building services with a minimum of 3 years experience in the design of data centres.
- Has the ability to research effectively and think innovatively.
- Has the ability to prioritise own workload and work to strict deadlines.
- Possesses great presentation skills and technical report writing skills.
- Has an excellent understanding of mechanical/ electrical engineering from first principles.
- Has a sound knowledge of MS office applications and has the ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software.
- Has a good understanding of BS EN standards/ UK Regulations/ UTI/ UKGBC
- Has a good understanding of the World Climate Emergency.
- Understands patents and how they are registered.
Job posted in: Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs
- London (London, England)
- £52000 - £62000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs