Python Developer – Building Physics / BIM Automation Job, London
Python Developer – Building Physics / BIM Automation Tools
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: London
- Salary: Flexible
As the Building Physics & BIM Automation Python Developer, you will advance data-driven design engineering tools and methodologies within the built environment for the industry-leading consultants in sustainable building design space.
Why You Will Want to Work For This Company
You’ll work with world-class environmental design engineers renowned for award-winning high-performance, sustainable buildings and masterplans on amazing projects that give back to the environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel great.
You want to use your interest in sustainable buildings and desire to help improve the built environment to apply your software development skills to make a measurable impact in the sustainable building industry by developing new ways of engineering, via data and innovative tools.
You’ll push the limits of parametric design, environmental performance and BIM tools and relish, often collaboratively, trying to solve hard and often unique challenges.
Python Developer – Building Physics / BIM Automation Job Role
- Researching and developing new software tools and services, developing new and innovative ways of working, efficiencies and service offerings.
- Developing new capabilities in a variety of traditional, front-end and back-end programming languages such as Python, C++, Rhino Grasshopper, VB and Dynamo.
- Performing complex and bespoke building physics analyses (relating to energy, solar, water, waste and more) of various building typologies using specialised software tools.
- Lead the development and integration of computational analysis and operational support platforms.
- Applying industry standards and building codes to workflows.
- Conducting research on advanced data-driven and building science topics, methodologies and tools.
- Potentially authoring conference papers, white papers and blog posts on building science and data-driven design.
Python Developer – Building Physics / BIM Automation Job Role: Necessary Qualifications
- Academic excellence or a minimum of two years of demonstrable professional experience of programming.
- An engineering degree.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
Python Developer – Building Physics / BIM Automation Job: Desired Qualifications
- The following qualifications are not required but will help your application stand out from the crowd:
- Knowledge and understanding of building science/physics and/or building services engineering.
- Degree level qualification in architecture or building engineering alongside degree qualifications in computer science.
- Understanding of and flexibility to work within a number of computational environments, platforms and languages.
- Experience or exposure to building services and sustainable building design work.
- Experience working with APIs for REVIT.
Python Developer – Building Physics / BIM Automation Job: Benefits
In return for your enthusiasm, expertise and commitment, you get:
- A competitive salary
- Benefits including private medical insurance
- Amazing office environment
- Broad variety in the work on offer
- Opportunities for career growth and support for professional development
Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
Apply today to discuss this role in confidence.
Energi People are specialists in Digital Construction Jobs & Recruitment