QA Tester – Oxfordshire – up to £50,000 plus company benefits
On behalf of our global Space and Defence client we are looking for a customer-orientated Quality Assurance Tester to join their team in Oxfordshire. As the Quality Assurance Tester you will take responsibility for the execution and overall management of the Quality Assurance function.
Reporting to the Development Manager and working closely with our small Development Team and Product Manager, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of implementing an end-to-end product lifecycle testing strategy encompassing hands on and automated testing as well as coordinating with the Product Manager, Technical Author/QA Specialist and Help Desk team for additional test capacity and user acceptance testing.
Core role and Experience:
- Maintain, execute and add to the automated “confidence tests” to ensure integrity of our applications against daily builds of latest code
- Maintain test scripts written in UFT (Unified Functional Testing) from HP.
- Knowledge of alternative testing tools, such as Selenium and Cucumber, is desirable but not essential
- Experience with writing automated testing scripts
- Configuration-manage confidence tests for execution on patches to product systems, with knowledge of SVN being desirable but not essential
- Interactively test new AWARD and ADVANCE functionality, reporting bugs in the fault tracking application (JIRA) and re-testing as needed
- Produce manual test cases for new functionality prior to automating as required
- Document addition of new scripts to automated tests
- Use and keep up to date all documented test processes such that there is a fully documented test strategy
- Attend and contribute to development sprint planning meetings, estimation sessions, and retrospectives
- Prior experience of agile methodology
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
is highly experienced in software testing and working directly alongside and engaging with the development team in a very hands-on role.
Job posted in: Software Engineer Jobs
- Oxfordshire (Oxfordshire, England)
- Up to £50000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Software Engineer Jobs