Quantity Surveyor Job, Manchester
Quantity Surveyor (Rail)
Locations – Rochdale
Salary: £35,000 – £50,000 (depending on experience)
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Rochdale working for a leading blue-chip organisation. We are now recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join the team with experience in rail as the successful candidate will be looking after the NW&C – NWR CP6 Frameworks.
The Quantity Surveyor would lead the BAU projects for this region which include; medium sized projects ranging from £15k to £250k up to the £3m/annum with this having the ability to grow to £5-6m/year.
As the ideal candidate you will be an experienced QS within the rail industry, with a track record of delivering a number of rail projects. Working closely with the Managing Quantity Surveyor and the Project Delivery team, you will be required to oversee all commercial aspects of the projects.
- Experience working as a Quantity Surveyor in the rail sector
Degree qualified BSc in Quantity Surveying/ QBE
- Ability to commercially manage a number of projects, maximising the contractual value where possible
- Experience of compiling final accounts
- Able to oversee the process of producing contract variations and changes
- Undertaking monthly financial reviews
- Working closely with clients and developing relationships
- Collating commercial information and producing reports for the senior commercial team
- Management of sub-contract agreements
- Assisting with tender reviews and tender documentation
- Processing payments, reporting, monitoring KPI’s