Regional Director Job, City of London
This exciting opportunity is for a Regional Director (MEP Building Services) with natural flair and gravitas to lead, grow and develop the specialist Data Centre MEP Design Team of a global consultancy who offer both single discipline or multi-discipline services to their prestigious hyperscale & colocation clients across the globe.
“Bringing together the best people, ideas and technical expertise, we partner with clients to turn their ambitions into action.”
Working within the Data Centres Market Sector, you will be an ambassador in the data centre community externally across EMEA and internally across the globe. With experience in technical design delivery of data centre projects for tech firms and a strong track record in tech firm business development you will lead a team of technical MEP Design experts across the UK and work closely with global colleagues in the Data Centre sector, for one of the world’s leading, award winning, multi-disciplinary engineering consultants.
This role will be pivotal in maintaining and growing the position of my client as an established player in the Hyperscale and Co-location segments of the Data Centre market both in EMEA and Globally. Being a major contributor to Thought Leadership and the strategic objectives of the Sector.
Regional Director (MEP Building Services) Role Profile:
This role will suit a tenacious, career driven and technically gifted Mechanically biased MEP/M&E building services design engineer with proven experience of building services design within Data Centres (e.g., HVAC, Refrigeration, UPS, generators, MV / LV switchgear, potable water systems, N+1, N+N redundant systems etc).
· Lead and develop the expanding Data Centre team
· Ensure projects achieve their required results, deliverables are full developed and meet the needs our all our diverse clients
· Provide a full oversight into the Data Centre MEP Sector technical delivery strategy to include: standards, overseeing benchmarks mentoring and hands on coaching of the DATA Centre specialist MEP design team
· Work Winning and Business Development – leverage opportunities with existing and developing new client relationships to provide excellent MEP solutions within the Data Centre Sector
· Monitors project risk and risk mitigation strategy project KPIs and contribute to the resolution of issues or deviations
· Fully partner with colocation and hyperscale clients to fully understand their business, organisation structure and culture, whilst being proactive to their needs and market changes.
Regional Director (MEP Building Services), Role Requirements:
Strong engineering consultancy background in the delivery of MEP design projects across Data Centres and Mission Critical / Critical Environments.
· Proven experience of leading MEP Data Centre Design projects within the UK and ideally overseas
· The ability to think outside of your discipline; (MEP, Civils, Structures, Arch) & the impact/s of each, throughout the entire project lifecycle
· Proven client management & development skills
· Team leadership and development skills
· Detailed Knowledge of Mechanical or electrical building services design, engineering practices, techniques and procedures for Data Centres and how it ultimately interfaces with the client.
· Excellent commercial acumen and demonstrable experience in managing project financials, resourcing planning etc.
Regional Director (MEP Building Services) Preferred Qualifications:
Degree qualified in mechanical, electrical or building services engineering
· Strong MEP Building Services design background, coming from an engineering consultancy design background, or contractor design background across all RIBA stages
· Uptime Institute Accredited Tier Designer (ATD) and/or Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP®)
· Chartered Engineer (CEng) with CIBSE or equivalent institute.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please contact Dominic Horne, Managing Consultant of Energi People for a confidential conversation about this opportunity.
Energi People are a privately owned global multi-disciplinary recruitment consultancy, established in 2002.
We are one of the most experienced and successful recruitment consultancies in the built environment & have successfully helped some of the largest and most technically advanced building construction projects across the world be completed by bringing the best technical people in our industry together. We strive to help companies grow & careers flourish.
Our Building Services consultancy team have in excess of 40 years recruitment experience within building services engineering recruitment within the UK & Internationally, including a previous building services design and project engineer as part of our dedicated, highly skilled & passionate team