Regional Facilities Manager Job, Reading
A fantastic opportunity for a Regional Facilities Manager has arisen to join a UK leading Managing Agent. The Regional Facilities Manager will cover a portfolio of commercial properties within the West London area.
The successful candidate will have previous managing agent experience and be responsible for managing the delivery of an effective and compliant facilities management service across hard and soft services, on a regional portfolio of buildings.
- Ensure that the Operation Reporting System (“Compass”) and Datastation Health & Safety systems are up to date and complete at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and statutory requirements, including Health and Safety. NEBOSH or IOSH qualifications or commitment to the same is essential.
- Prepare each site for risk assessment maintaining a target compliance rating of 95%.
- Ensuring that a full set of risk assessments is held at each property and on Datastation and action plans are implemented, diligently and competently at all times.
- Ensure that monthly checklists are completed and uploaded on to Datastation, within the appropriate time scales
- To act as a mentor to Assistant Facilities Managers and ensure that their development and progression is managed to allow them the best chance of success.
- Develop individual training plans for all Assistant Facilities Managers within your region and hold regular review meetings to monitor progress and performance.
- Record utility consumption, at all sites and update Optima/Compass accordingly.
- Ensure that high site standards, in respect of cleaning, repair and presentation are achieved and maintained at all times, within property budgets.
- Visit each tenant on a monthly basis or as often as the management contract dictates and report any issues to the appointed Management Surveyor.
- Develop a close working relationship with tenant representatives and manage tenant satisfaction and confidence. Ensure that all tenants have relevant contact details for the Regional Facilities Manager and Management Surveyor.
- Inspect all properties on frequency specified by the Management Surveyor, multi lets should be visited at least once a month, although site conditions may dictate a higher frequency. In the event of emergency situations, to attend property as soon as is possible and report back to relevant personnel.
- Evaluate existing contractual relationships and ensure that the service provided by contractors, is in line with the agreed specification. Ensure that any shortcomings in service delivery, are dealt with swiftly and reported back to the Management Surveyor and Operations team.
- Monitor tenant alterations and advise the Management Surveyor of any works noted, to be ongoing on site, of which the Regional Facilities Manager has not been made aware.
- Advise the Management Surveyor of any changes in tenants occupational status i.e. vacation of space, new occupiers moving in, potential name changes etc.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual service charge budget by completing a 1st draft with explanatory notes detailing your recommendations and financial requests to ensure the surveyor is aware of all operational needs for each managed property.
- Monitor expenditure and ensure that invoices are approved in a timely manner via Proactis.
- Prepare and implement contingency plans, to ensure adequate and suitable site attendance, including cover for holidays, training and sickness.
- Ensure that the Management Surveyor is kept fully informed, as to site issues at all times and to assist with the certifying of expenditure invoices if required.
- To carry out annual appraisals for all site staff that are based on your sites within the time scales given and ensure that 6 monthly reviews are completed.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Candidates will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with a degree of flexibility.
- Ability to handle a large number of projects with a broad range of customers, suppliers, and property owners.
- Experience and knowledge of achieving high standards in property management on multi let sites.
- Knowledge and understanding in preparation of service charge budgets; ensuring agreed times and costs are adhered to.
- NEBOSH or IOSH Managing Safely qualifications.
- Strong overall experience in a similar environment.
- Salary £40,000 – £45,000 + 8% car allowance + bonus
- Holiday 25 days + bank holidays
- Flexible working – remote
- Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm