Renewable Energy Engineer Job, Birmingham
A well-established, award-winning, professional multi-disciplinary engineering practice are looking for an Energy Engineer to join their existing Energy team who have a passion for excellence, innovation and environmental sustainability. The successful candidate will work with built environment asset creators, managers and owners to address energy and carbon related challenges. The Energy Engineer will provide strategic advice on efficient energy usage, low carbon renewable technologies and sustainable development, with the aim of making a positive impact on carbon emissions.
A self-motivated person will have ample opportunity to improve their knowledge, skills, experience and to work with some of the world’s greatest businesses across a wide range of industry sectors. You will be expected to contribute your ideas, add value and play your part in a multi-disciplinary consultancy that is at the leading edge of the industry.
- As a minimum you will have an institution recognised Honours Degree in renewable engineering and have a minimum of three years’ post-graduation experience of working in an energy environment
- You will have a good technical understanding of energy generation and infrastructure solutions as well as the current energy landscape
- You will have an appreciation of heat and power networks / infrastructure
- You will understand and be able to communicate the impact that EV charging has on the built environment
- You will be fully aware the impact that carbon emissions and climate change has on both the built and wider environment
- You will be comfortable communicating directly with clients to understand their particular needs and be able to respond to them
- You will be a team player able to contribute to the development of the Energy team and the company as a whole
- You will be aware of current UK Government energy policy and incentives; and
- You will be comfortable writing and presenting reports to senior client representatives, which often cover complex issues