Senior Electrical Engineer – Hotel Projects Specialist Job, London
Senior Electrical Engineer
Excellent. London based opportunity for a dynamic and experienced Senior Electrical Engineer with a proven track record in the detailed design, project management and delivery of high value and prestigious hotel & Leisure projects.
This Senior Electrical Engineer role will be based in the expanding London office of a very highly regarded International MEP Consultancy, specialising in MEP building services engineering. You will have the ability and given the autonomy to run medium sized projects & undertaking a client facing role across the full life-cycle of projects.
The consultancy are an International MEP Consultancy with offices throughout the UK, Middle East & Asia. I have recruited for this excellent International MEP Consultant for over 10 years across the globe, placing a number of engineers at all levels and cannot recommend them any higher. Not only do they have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, engagement and employee satisfaction, they are incredibly passionate about sustainable design, offering a wide array of engineering & sustainability solutions across the globe.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships.
You will possess strong commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and capable of incorporating those technologies into the hotel and leisure sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in building service consultancy and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years industry experience.
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER ROLE REQUIREMENTS
This role will also include:
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Representing the company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for technical content and accuracy of Trainee, Graduates and Engineers
- Validation and checking of designs and specifications
Additional professional and technical expertise:
- Competent in specification design/drawing for several building types
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications – word, excel, etc.
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Thorough understanding of British and European Standards/Regulations and Codes
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Managerial skills
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please contact James Mowat, Associate Director of Energi People.
Energi People are a privately owned global multi-disciplinary recruitment consultancy, established in 2002.
We are one of the most experienced and successful recruitment consultancies in the built environment & have successfully helped some of the largest and most technically advanced building construction projects across the world be completed by bringing the best technical people in our industry together. We strive to help companies grow & careers flourish.
Our Building Services consultancy team have in excess of 40 years recruitment experience within building services engineering recruitment within the UK & Internationally, including a previous building services design and project engineer as part of our dedicated, highly skilled & passionate team.