You will have a minimum of four year’s industry experience with the ability to undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Necessary skills required will include the delivery of European data centre and mission critical projects. Other sector involvement includes; commercial, hotel, retail and experience with hotel design would also be desirable. The individual will also be involved with the coordination of engineering project services,and must have a proven track record in project management.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and capable of incorporating those technologies into the data centre sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in either consultancy or mission critical systems and is prepared to work hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent and hold membership of relevant institutions.
- Responsible for running of medium/large size projects.
- Undertakes a client facing role in the development and design and coordination of Electrical engineering project services.
- Designs and specifies Electrical building systems, equipment, facilities, components and products.
- Develops Electrical engineering concepts and solutions.
- Reports and reviews on Electrical engineering options and makes final proposal.
- Attend project design team meetings (perhaps overseas visits required) and co-ordinate with Architects, Project Managers,Structural Engineers etc
- Obtain from client and provide a clear and accurate brief to design office engineering team.
- Visit design office with design briefing and partake in conference calls with design office engineers to discuss/review project technical requirements and deliverable’s.
- Develop brief and disseminate to Engineering/CAD resource for each phase of project.
- Provide expert technical advice and problem resolution to the design office.
- Visit design office with briefing and mobilise the project team.
- Review deliverable’s from design office in accordance with briefing requirements sent to them.
- Provide technical audit of deliverable’s from design office
- Present design proposals/solutions to client and design team
- Prepare specifications and co-ordinate with all other design documentation.
- Sign-off engineering documents/ schedules/ drawings/ calculations that have been received from the design office.
- Use computer assisted software for both project related electrical calculations (Cable sizing, load sizing, distribution board sizing etc)
- Ensure document control methods are being adhered to and quality control standards are being achieved
- Contribute to development of quality and technical standards within the office
- Acts in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics Practice to Guidelines
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
- HND or Degree Qualified or equivalent experience.
- Be Responsible for assigned Engineers on a project.
- Work independently within their QA Systems.
- Be able to confidently deal with Design Reviews.
- Have good people management skills.
- Possess Clear (written as well as oral) Communication skills.
- Posess Delegation skills.
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Working towards Chartered Engineer status.
- Sound knowledge of MS office software packages.
- Ability to confidently use different electrical calculation software packages.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
Job posted in: Building Services Electrical Engineer Jobs
- Bicester (Oxfordshire, England)
- Building Services, Data Centre, Electrical Engineer, MEP Design, Mission Critical, Oxfordshire
Important Job Skills
- £34000 - £48000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Electrical Engineer Jobs