The consultancy are seeking a dynamic Senior Electrical Engineer who is looking to move into a challenging environment and who can demonstrate the necessary engineering and leadership skills as well as commercial acumen that are essential for this role.
The individual will be responsible for working on a number of projects simultaneously from inception to completion, dealing with RIBA stages 2 on-wards up to stage 5 and monitoring sub-contractors work on site/ dealing with witness validation and sign off. They will also have experience of preparing reports/specifications and attending client meetings and liaising with contractors.
The successful individual will ideally be a chartered engineer or have the necessary qualifications (degree qualified) to obtain chartered engineer status. They will need to have clear written and verbal communication skills and a flexible attitude when dealing with the large variety of projects that the consultancy currently works on.
The Senior Engineer will be dealing with cable and distribution board/ electrical system sizing (transformer/generators) as well as the necessary utility calculations during the pre-conception stages of the project and should have a natural grasp of engineering concepts as well as a strong knowledge of the necessary applicable electrical British Standards and IET regulations/ 18th edition. The Senior Engineer must be able to use Amtech, Dialux confidently and be able to carry out lighting calculations.
The meet the requirements for the role the below are the desirable attributes:
- Degree qualified
- 3-5 years post degree experience – Technically competent
- Experience working on university projects
- Experience working on Network rail and London underground projects
- Experience working on education projects.
- Experience working on commercial office projects
- Experience working in a BIM environment.
- Experience working on grade listed building projects
If you feel like you meet the above criteria and are from a consultancy/ contractor background then please do not hesitate to get in touch!
Job posted in: Building Services Electrical Engineer Jobs
- Romford (London, England)
- £45000 - £55000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Electrical Engineer Jobs