Senior Energy Engineer Job, London
Senior Energy Engineer
A new & exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate, Chartered Senior Energy Engineer to join one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary engineering consultants based in their vibrant London office which will see you working on an array of projects, striving towards net zero carbon.
As the Senior Energy Engineer, you will be taking the lead and aiding with the design of energy & distribution systems through the life cycle of projects from strategy through to site handover. Additionally you will be actively involved in assessing feasibility of medium to large scale energy systems, such as large steam or hot water boilers, heat distribution networks, controls, plant-rooms, thermal storage & fuel storage etc and integrate energy generation into building developments.
You will be successful in the Senior Energy Engineer role by:
- Leading multidisciplinary teams in Energy Engineering projects. Responsible for leading the interface with the client, project team and other stakeholders;
- Producing high quality, winning proposal to assist in winning work for the team;
- Assisting with design and delivery of on-site electricity generation and distribution systems, including selection of prime movers and plant sizing etc;
- Commercially evaluating different energy systems;
- Producing very high quality reports.
- Leading and assisting with the production of drawings and specifications;
- Surveying and evaluating existing buildings and energy systems;
- Keeping up to date with developments in the energy sector;
- Coordinating work with Engineers of other disciplines.
Ideal Candidate Profile for the Senior Energy Engineer role:
- Be a Chartered Engineer.
- Have a proven background in taking the lead and assisting with the design of energy generation and distribution systems through all stages of a project from energy strategy and feasibility through to site completion.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical or Energy Engineering, ideally to Masters level.
- Be commercially aware
- Previous experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Have a demonstrable background in understanding: building integrated and utility scale renewables; building energy performance and efficiency standards; regulatory drivers of energy and carbon efficiency.
- Be familiar with and capable to undertake design of energy centres, distribution systems including hot water, steam and chilled water.
- Have knowledge of IES and/or TAS energy modelling
In addition to making a significant impact you will be joining a diverse and dynamic team of incredibly talented individuals, each on a unique career development journey.
If you’re interested in flexible start and finish times and/or working from home, my client fully supports this in this new world of working!
Reward and Benefits:
My client offers incredibly competitive salaries at all levels and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Benefits include Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Accident Assurance and Income Protection cover.
You will also have access to a Flexible Benefit Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of benefits to help you with your work/life balance and financial security.
Bi-yearly global profit shares are also included along with 25 days holiday.
Please contact James Mowat, Associate Director at Energi People to discuss this excellent opportunity, confidentially and in detail.
Energi People are a privately owned global multi-disciplinary recruitment consultancy, established in 2002.
We are one of the most experienced and successful recruitment consultancies in the built environment & have successfully helped some of the largest and most technically advanced building construction projects across the world be completed by bringing the best technical people in our industry together. We strive to help companies grow & careers flourish.
Our Building Services consultancy team have in excess of 40 years recruitment experience within building services engineering recruitment within the UK & Internationally, including a previous building services design and project engineer as part of our dedicated team.