Senior Facilities Manager Job, City of London
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Facilities Manager to join a well-established specialist, property management company in London has arisen.
The successful candidate will be a high performing energetic facilities professional with previous managing agent experience in either the retail or mixed-use environment.
You will join the London team with potential to grow into a leadership role responsible for multiple best in class buildings.
This is a real opportunity to grow within a company with a reputation of promoting and growing talent and working with an impressive client base.
The Facilities Manager will establish, develop, control and manage, on behalf of the Landlord, the services and operations to a large (landmark) commercial property. To ensure compliance with all statutory regulations, internal policies and procedures, and best practices in the continued delivery of services in that property.
- Ensure the cost-effective provision of agreed Facilities Management services for the Landlord(s), as required.
- Forecasting, monitor and control budgets, ensuring costs are properly allocated
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and internal obligations applicable to the ongoing occupation, operations and maintenance (including project work) of the Property/Properties.
- Maintain, establish and develop appropriate relationships and communication channels with all tenants and other stakeholders.
- Lead, manage and develop relationships with suppliers to ensure compliance with contracts and continued delivery of agreed services.
- Ensuring all building services and life safety systems are maintained within relevant scheduled frequencies and inspections deadlines.
- Contribute towards the marketing of the Property/properties, monitoring and managing digital and other media where necessary.
- Identify and collate training and development needs
- Ensure that members of the FM team fully understand their role(s) and carry out regular operational reviews with both individuals and the team
- Monitor the progress and performance of the FM team in the property/properties and work in conjunction with line management, HR and other colleagues as necessary to resolve.
- Identify, propose and develop environmental and sustainability opportunities for implementation, setting objectives and monitoring progress.
- Represent the company as a key contact for the client(s), tenants, suppliers and other stakeholders within the property/properties for which the FM is responsible.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent working knowledge of current statutory legislation and regulations, especially with regard to Health, Safety and Environment IOSH qualification is essential.
- Proven knowledge and experience of managing contractors and service levels (e.g., M & E, security and cleaning) associated with a retail, office and residential estate, and within agreed budgets.
- Proven experience of managing complex buildings
- Problem solving skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of service charges and budgeting techniques
- Excellent organisational and time management, able to meet tight deadlines and respond in emergency situations.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative without ongoing direct supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills able to effectively communicate at all levels and operate comfortably as part of a multi skilled team.
- Willingness to adopt a flexible approach to working patterns in order to respond to changing needs.
- Previous facilities management or management experience in either retail or mixed-use environment.
Managing Agent experience is essential.
- Interest in the property sector and an understanding of the occupational requirements of tenants, as well as current market drivers for Landlord’s.
- Good IT skills in particular Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Qualifications: Desirable – IWFM Membership, NEBOSH
Salary up to £75,000 + bonus (yearly up to 15% of basic salary) + 25 days holiday + BH + 3 wellness days + pension + phone + laptop + life insurance, healthcare and income protection