Senior HR Advisor Job, Huntingdon
Job title: Senior HR Adviser
Location: Huntingdon / Flexi Home working options
A well-established award winning and accredited education services business is looking for a Senior HR Adviser to join its team in Huntingdon. The company encourage its employees to flourish and unleash their talent, just one of the reasons they were Awarded ‘Employer of the Year’ at the Business Awards 2018. You will also enjoy flexible working options, 4.30pm finish Friday’s, annual bonus, childcare vouchers, BUPA health plan for you and up to 4 children, cycle to work scheme, maternity pay scheme, pension scheme matching up to 4.5%, free eye tests, company social events which have included theatre trips, comedy store, night at the races plus more!
As a Senior HR Adviser your will ensure outstanding customer service across the organization by delivering, and supporting colleagues to deliver, expert HR advice and guidance to schools, academies and multi-academies trusts within your region.
Your duties as a Senior HR Advisor will include
* To manage and support a portfolio of schools on all aspects of HR management.
* Coach and mentor junior team members to support their development and to ensure that all customers receive timely, accurate and professional advice.
* Respond to a wide range of customer enquiries, via telephone, e-mail or other correspondence, relating to HR issues in a professional manner, to ensure that customers receive timely, accurate and valuable advice.
* Offer accurate interpretation, advice, application and representation to customers on employment legislation, best practice and policies and procedures in relation to and in the context of customers’ policies and procedures on a range of HR matters. This includes complex casework on recruitment and selection, remuneration, terms and conditions of service, disciplinary and capability (performance and health) cases, grievance, redundancy and whole school restructures, academy conversions and TUPE etc., liaising senior colleagues where appropriate.
* Visit schools and customers to provide support and advice on HR concerns to allow them to drive their business forward
* To attend and advise, at formal hearings/appeals, and advise at union consultation meetings.
The successful HR Adviser will have the following skills/experience –
* Experience in and HR advisory position, which will include advice and support for managers, training, responsibility for issues such as the appointment and dismissal of staff, grievance, disciplinary procedures, absence management, redundancy, etc.
* Experience of attending hearings up to and including dismissal to advise managers and/or present the case
* Competency in interpreting and providing advice on employment legislation and conditions of service to ensure compliance and best practice
* Ability to build strong working relationships and gain credibility with customers at all levels
* Confident in negotiating with trade union representatives
* Competency in working within the constraints of predefined employment policies and procedures
* Strong ER / Employee Relationship experience
You will be joining an award-winning and accredited education service business with over 25 years of experience; they have recently won ‘Payroll & HR Provider’ Award from The Rewards for the third consecutive year and the ‘Education Business Services’ Award from the Education Investor Global Awards. They are 100% dedicated to education and have a team of over 240 highly qualified employees supporting more than 2,350 Schools and Trusts.
In return the Senior HR Adviser will receive a salary of up to £32,000 pa. In addition to the excellent benefits already mentioned you will also receive regular career reviews and fully funded external study qualifications. The company also deliver Easter Eggs to the team, arrange a Christmas party and charity fund raising events.
To apply for this Senior HR Adviser role, click the apply link online and send an updated copy of your CV today!