Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor
London / South Coast
My client is one of the UK’s largest M&E contractors offering a diverse service portfolio covering areas such as M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting and Facilities Management.
They are currently seeking a Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor to join their Commercial team based in London or the South Coast looking after a variety of commercial and term contracts. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor ready to take the next step in their career and to join a dynamic, forward thinking company set on delivering a strong customer focus with safety at the heart of everything they do.
- You will perform the role of Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor, taking responsibility for start to finish project delivery.
- Effective commercial control of all allocated projects including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the reporting timetable, in particular;
- Continuous Improvement documents
- cash flow forecast
- Commercial register etc.
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Ensure the effective commercial management of contracts to maximise gross margin.
- Ensure that cash flow forecasts are timely, accurate and are optimised where possible.
- Lead on effective risk management and protect business reputation.
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities.
- Provide a Weekly report (Progress and Contract) to the Line Manager.
- You must have previous experience working within an M&E contractor environment.
- You must hold a degree qualification or equivalent in commercial management or quantity surveying.
- A degree in either Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering would be highly advantageous.
- Professional memberships i.e. RICS/MRICS are an advantage but are not essential.
- You will have experience of managing or mentoring junior members of staff
- You must have a strong working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building industry and good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
- You must be highly analytical and computer literate with an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel/ Words and Projects.
- You must be a strong communicator with a high degree of personal motivation holding excellent negotiation, organisational and interpersonal skills.
Job posted in: Quantity Surveyor Jobs
- London (London, England)
- £375 - £425 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- 6 Months
Contract Job Duration
- Quantity Surveyor Jobs