Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Job, Glasgow
A multi-office building services consultancy is looking for an experienced senior level mechanical design engineer for their Glasgow office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope.
- Agree level of service, and project duties for each project, understand relationship with fee.
- Assist with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project.
- Carry out engineering concept design, tender and contract on site supervision to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
- Liaise with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular in-house design reviews and checks.
- Provide support to other departments, including Sustainability and Technical Management.
- Manage and participate in a programme of site inspections and Building Service audits including but not limited to condition surveys, dilapidations, due diligence, PPM and acquisition reports.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- Monitor contract staff or third-party appointments.
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Pursue new business opportunities where appropriate with existing and new clients.
- Assist with identifying and implementing personal training and CPD requirements. * Assist in developing working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement company health and safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
- Implement requirements for ISO9001 and ISO4001.