A specialist independent building services consultancy has, due to planned expansion, an immediate requirement for a senior level design engineer to join their design team in their London office.
They work in a wide variety of project sectors including, commercial, high-end residential, educational and healthcare work.
As a senior mechanical design engineer you would be expected to provide effective designs, conduct surveys, prepare feasibility reports, specifications, provide site supervision and management of mechanical services installations, following health and safety, QA and environmental policies and procedures. Your should be qualified to a minimum of HND level and have a minimum or 6 years’ UK building services design experience.
Your should have a demonstrable UK building services background and previous experience in the rail sector would be an advantage although this is not essential.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Preparing AutoCAD drawings in accordance with company CAD standards and design calculations using industry leading software (i.e. Hevacomp).
- Assisting in preparing reports such as feasibility studies, design reports, specifications and contract administration following Quality Assurance and Health and Safety procedures and company administration policies.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of current standards and legislation.
- Attending site surveys and client meetings.
- Implementing technical standards and supporting the business development. Compliance with CDM Regulations must be ensured.
- Undertaking detailed site surveys and design reviews.
- Understanding of engineering systems and the ability to report on both mechanical and electrical disciplines during meetings is essential.
- You would need an appreciation of contract administration, project management and site supervision/inspections and assist with the financial control of project(s) liaising with Project Director.
- Mentoring and assisting the graduate engineers.
Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD packages such as AutoCAD and Revit MEP or Bentley AECOsim.
- Experience of IES modelling software would be advantageous (but not essential).
- Understanding of BIM Level 2 and BIM project deliverables structure.
- Undertaking mechanical designs from inception to completion, sometimes within tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and quality.
- CEng qualified or working towards CEng.
- Appropriate membership of professional body, i.e. CIBSE, IMECHE, IET
- Full UK driving license
Job posted in: Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs
- London (London, England)
- mechanical electrical public health building services design designer engineer CIBSE London surrey
Important Job Skills
- £55000 - £65000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs