Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Job, Newcastle upon Tyne
A well-established independent consultancy has an immediate requirement for an experienced senior level mechanical design engineer to join their design team in their Newcastle office.
The successful candidate will be responsible, under the leadership of the Director/Associate Director, for the project management of medium to large scale projects and individual engineering task(s) for numerous schemes for client’s cross sector.
This will include the creation, development of and finalising engineering design solutions of mechanical services elements, working with other team members and project teams together with direct liaison with the client and other design team professionals.
Attendance at regular project meetings, site inspections and monitoring or works at a site level will be key functions of this role.
The candidate shall have experience across the breadth of mechanical building services such as:
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Hot and Cold Water
- Compressed Air
- Foul Drainage Above Ground
- Central Control/Building Management
The candidate should also be able to:
- Complete survey work and site inspections
- Undertake design calculations using various methods, from hand calculations to software-based modelling
- Prepare drawn information
- Write technical specifications
- Write technical reports
- Identify and resolve problems early
- Exhibit active project risk management
- Peer review and check design information prepared by others
- Manage a project specific team of engineers
- Maintain records and archives to company standards
- Manage their own workload to meet defined targets and deadlines
- Allocate and manage project specific workload of Graduates, Project Engineers and Admin staff
- Manage commercial aspects of projects they are working on including responsibility for management of project income and costs
- Manage client relationships on specific projects
- Look for additional opportunities within existing and new client relationships
- Take responsibility for their own professional and personal development
- Input and some responsibility for professional and personal development of team members, staff Performance and Development Reviews and mentoring of staff
They are seeking established building services engineering candidates who have been working within building services and specifically building services consultancy with at least Ten  years post graduate ‘hands on’ design experience.
The candidate should be a Chartered Engineer (CEng) with either the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) or the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and possess a building services/architectural engineering degree and/or masters.
The candidate for this position will have a high level of computer literacy a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Autodesk Revit MEP, Cymap and ideally EDSL Tas. The successful candidate will be a required to provide support to our other teams and/or offices from time to time.
The ability to operate as part of a wider project team within appropriate authority levels and to represent the company with confidence to a variety of clients and outside organisations is expected. The candidate will have the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of one of our dynamic teams with a high attention to detail.
As a self-motivated person you will demonstrate the potential to progress with the company, working with some of the world’s greatest businesses across a wide range of industry sectors.