Senior Mechanical Engineer
Excellent opportunity for a dynamic and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer with a proven track record in specification design/drawing for several building types within project sectors including; Logistics Centres, Retail, IT, Residential, Commercial, Pharmaceutical and Education.
This Senior Mechanical Engineer role will be based in the expanding London office of a very highly regarded International MEP Consultancy, specialising in MEP building services engineering. You will have the ability and given the autonomy to run medium sized projects & undertaking a client facing role across the full life-cycle of projects.
The consultancy are an International MEP Consultancy with offices throughout the UK, Middle East & Asia. I have recruited for this excellent International MEP Consultant for over 10 years across the globe, placing a number of engineers at all levels and cannot recommend them any higher. Not only do they have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, engagement and employee satisfaction, they are incredibly passionate about sustainable design, offering a wide array of engineering & sustainability solutions across the globe.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on a range of sector projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will possess strong commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in a similar role who is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of five years industry experience.
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for technical content and accuracy of Trainee, Graduates and Engineers
- Validation and checking of designs and specifications
- Carrying out technical review of contractor’s technical submissions, working drawings and samples.
- Ability to carry out problem solving on site
- Carry out QA/QC inspections on site and produce associated reports
- Attend witness testing activities on site and produce associates reports
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER ROLE REQUIREMENTS
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
- BEng, MSc or have sufficient experience
- MCIBSE /MIET or HNC/HND with appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered or working towards
- Competent in specification design/drawing for several building types within the following key sectors: Logistics Centres, Retail, IT, Residential, Commercial, Pharmaceutical and Education
- Previous experience working for an MEP contractor would be advantageous
- Good site based experience with a practical background preferred
- Sound knowledge of CDM Regulations and production of Designers Risk Assessments
- Good knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications – word, excel, etc.
- Knowledge of REVIT and ability to mark up drawings using Bluebeam software or equivalent PDF editor.
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of British Standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload whilst working on multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Managerial skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please contact James Mowat, Associate Director of Energi People.
Energi People are a privately owned global multi-disciplinary recruitment consultancy, established in 2002.
We are one of the most experienced and successful recruitment consultancies in the built environment & have successfully helped some of the largest and most technically advanced building construction projects across the world be completed by bringing the best technical people in our industry together. We strive to help companies grow & careers flourish.
Our Building Services consultancy team have in excess of 40 years recruitment experience within building services engineering recruitment within the UK & Internationally, including a previous building services design and project engineer as part of our dedicated, highly skilled & passionate team.
Job posted in: Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs
- London (London, England)
- £50000 - £60000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs