Senior Mechanical Engineer (Commercial & Mission Critical)
If you consider yourself amongst the best Mechanical Building Services Design Engineers in the commercial & Mission Critical fields, please read on……….
Energi People are working with a very highly regarded International M&E Design Consultancy who are seeking a fully experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer (Commercial & Mission Critical) to be based in their Oxford office with the ability to inspire others. You will have the ability to run medium sized projects, undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
I have recruited for this consultancy within the UK, Asia and Middle East for 10+ years and have seen many careers flourish, awards won at industry events and many world class projects delivered across the globe.
Skills will include experience on data centre and mission critical projects. Other sector experience including commercial, hotel, retail and hotel design desirable. Experience will also include the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
The successful Senior Mechanical Engineer (Commercial & Mission Critical) will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and capable of incorporating those technologies into the hotel and leisure sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in building service consultancy and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years industry experience.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES – Senior Mechanical Engineer (Commercial & Mission Critical)
- Responsible for running of medium size projects. Undertakes a client facing role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for Mechanical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for technical content and accuracy of Trainee, Graduates and Engineers
- Validation and checking of designs and specifications
- BEng, MSc, and have sufficient experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HNC/HND + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Competent in specification design/drawing for several building types
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Managerial Skills
SPECIFIC BUSINESS UNDERSTANDING
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Training and mentoring
- Comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Please contact James Mowat at Energi People for a confidential discussion about this excellent Senior Mechanical Engineer (Commercial & Mission Critical) job in Bicester.
As mentioned above, my client is arranging interviews over the coming days, so if your experience matches the above requirements, please apply immediately.
Job posted in: Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs