Job Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – MEP Building Services
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Central London
SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER – MEP BUILDING SERVICES
An International MEP, Energy and Sustainability consultancy are currently looking to expand their mechanical design team and hire a senior mechanical design engineer with strong technical, commercial and interpersonal skills. They’re in need of applications from experienced mechanical design engineers with 7+ years of Building Services experience. If you’ve been working in Building Services as a design engineer with a mechanical bias; we want to speak with you! – Contact Alex Camm at Energi People ASAP!
- High degree of knowledge of technical issues and ability in own engineering discipline.
- Working knowledge of other related engineering disciplines and ability to take account of these in design of projects
- Appreciation of the effect of Client objectives and drivers in arriving at technical solutions which meet their varying needs
- High degree of accuracy in own work and consistent effort to obtain accuracy from other more junior who are being overseen on projects.
- Ability to explain and present technical matters and solutions to project teams.
- High standard of technical accuracy in personal report writing and the incorporation of work by others more junior who are being overseen.
- High ability at presenting design options and solutions in sketch or outline form.
- Ability at describing designs and project requirements in the form of specifications.
- Attendance and presentation of own discipline’s design at project design reviews.
- Review Company products within own discipline on projects for compliance with quality system requirements and compliance with Client brief.
- Ensure designs for own discipline on all projects have requisite Statutory Approvals and compliance.
- Awareness of Company BIM and CAD protocols and standards, conventions, etc. as necessary for efficient interface with BIM and CAD on projects.
- Navigation of BIM models using navisworks software preferred
- Outline awareness of matters which affect commercial viability of projects and Company fees.
- Outline understanding of the relationship of Commercial and Political interaction in project success.
- Good knowledge of the duties and obligations placed upon the Company for projects as defined by the Scope of Works/Appointment Document.
- Outline awareness of risks to the Company’s financial status on projects, inclusive of highlighting areas of additional cost to the Company’s project manager.
- Outline awareness of the value of staff resources and their use.
- Good quality and clarity of written and oral communication, both internal and external.
- High quality of capturing data and information at meetings and the transfer of this to project teams in legible formats and within adequate time scales.
- Good report writing skills and style at delivering information clearly, succinctly and unambiguously
- Effective management of the technical aspects on projects, to meet both Company and Client objectives.
- In conjunction with the Company’s Project Manager, assist in directing and co-ordinating activities of staff assigned to own discipline on projects.
- Oversee the performance of more junior staff within the same engineering discipline on projects.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good rapport with colleagues on projects, to set example and to effect control of quality, output and behaviour.
- Ability to manage the expectation of others and display integrity in so doing, both within and external to the Company.
- Ownership of assigned tasks and issues plus adoption of responsibility for discharging these
- Display commitment to the Company, its Clients and projects, as an example others can follow.
- Display reliability and integrity.
- Good team work with all members of staff.
- Oversee more junior staff without conflict.
- Motivate colleagues to be accurate and successful on projects.
- Delegate effectively.
This is an amazing opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious and popular international MEP consultancies. There is exceptional career progression on offer here, there’s no ceiling on the potential success with this client; they champion personal-development and where possible, promote internally. This means that regardless of where you want to be in another ten years, you can reach those heights with this organisation.
If you’re interested in what you’re read and would like to apply or learn more; please forward all enquires to Alex Camm at Energi People ASAP!
Job posted in: Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs
- London (London, England)
- £50000 - £60000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs