Senior or Project Structural Engineer – Mid to Large Buildings Job, Southampton
Senior or Project Structural Engineer – Mid to Large Buildings
£35,000 – £45,000 (Negotiable on experience)
Are you an experienced Senior or Project Structural Engineer – Mid to Large Buildings seeking an exceptional opportunity? We have just the role for you! Our client is looking for a talented Senior / Project Structural Engineer – Mid to Large Buildings to join their esteemed Civil & Structural team based in Southampton.
Here’s what this fantastic Senior or Project Structural Engineer – Mid to Large Buildings opportunity offers you:
- A thriving people-focused culture.
- Engaging projects that will keep you challenged.
- A clearly defined progression path for your career growth.
- The chance to work with a national Civil and Structural team (comprising 200 employees and still growing) and collaborate with other successful divisions such as MEP, Nuclear, Smart Energy, and Sustainability.
The Senior or Project Structural Engineer – Mid to Large Buildings responsibilities:
- Developing scheme and concept designs.
- Delivering detailed designs, including comprehensive tender and construction packages.
- Preparing calculation packages for submission to Building Control.
- Active participation in client, design, and site meetings.
- Managing and mentoring engineers and technicians.
- Collaborating with statutory authorities, architects, the design team, and contractors.
- Preparing fee proposals, contributing to project bids, ITTs, and more.
The qualifications and attributes we’re looking for in candidates like yourself:
- A degree in civil or structural engineering (MEng or BEng).
- Chartered membership/Associate membership of the IStructE/ICE or actively working toward Chartership.
- Strong expertise in building structures design.
- Self-motivation, a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in communication, analysis, technical design, and drawing skills.
- Experience with analysis and design software packages.
- The ability to design through manual calculations.
- An understanding of BIM requirements up to and including Level 2.
- Developing marketing and business development skills.
- Ambition, shared values, and a desire to be part of our client’s success.
About our client:
Our client is a well-established, British-owned, integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with nearly 1000 staff across over 20 offices in the UK. As a recognised and highly-regarded employer, our client’s welcoming and inclusive culture has earned them a spot in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list for nine consecutive years. Their projects have received numerous awards, highlighting their commitment to quality and sustainability.
What the successful Senior or Project Structural Engineer – Mid to Large Buildings can expect:
- Supportive and inspiring colleagues.
- Recognition and rewards for your hard work and career progression.
- Opportunities to develop your technical and soft skills.
- A competitive starting salary.
- Excellent health benefits.
- A generous holiday allowance, with the option to buy/sell days and additional bonus holidays.
- Early finish on Fridays (4 pm).
- A unique opportunity to give back with the “Day off for a good cause” on a workday.
- A range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme.
- A chance to participate in the annual Challenge Day – our client’s biggest event of the year.
If you are interested in this Senior or Project Structural Engineer – Mid to Large Buildings role then please do get in touch today and I can tell you more about the role!
Energi People are the market leading specialist in Structural Engineering recruitment, with over 40 years of relationships, experience and respected work across the UK market.