Senior Pre-Sales Electrical Engineer (Revit) Job, Milton Keynes
If you are an experienced Senior electrical design engineer with experience in REVIT & are looking for a fresh challenge outside of the consultancy world in the ever-evolving technology sector, this very unique, yet rewarding career opportunity is for you!
The software provider are the leading provider of integrated Building Information Modelling (BIM) services and solutions for the MEP industry. They are outperforming the competition within our industry and are growing significantly.
You will be working for a global, employee focused business at the forefront of technological innovation, helping industries be more sustainable and creating solutions for consultancy and contractors alike.
Senior Electrical Design Engineer – REVIT, Position Overview
This is a Senior Electrical Design Engineer – REVIT position where you will be the technical bridge between the companies sales team and their technical end user customer base.
In this role, your primary objective is to support the sales team with acquiring new Stabicad Electrical customers by utilising your years of technical building services industry experience. You will also pro-actively support customers, support technical demonstrations, post training, to deploy the software on live projects.
***This is not a sales role, and therefore does not carry targets.***
Stabi CAD for Revit software makes MEP Engineers more productive with their Revit projects through the provision of MEP Content, Design / Productivity Tools and integrated Calculations.
Whilst the role has a primary focus on Stabicad Electrical, the successful candidate will gain a comprehensive understanding of ProDesign , the companies long established market leading 2D standalone electrical design software which shares it’s calculation engine with Stabicad.
You will work closely with the software providers diverse & talented team of colleagues in Sales, Product Management, Product Marketing and Marketing Communications.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Through training and learning from your peers, you’ll become an expert on the market leading Stabicad software, a Revit integrated BIM solution for MEP Design.
- You’ll be able to use your years of industry experience to provide technical product demonstrations to prospective customers.
- Consulting with new customers, post training, to establish their work-flows around Stabicad and to see them deploy the software to best effect on initial projects.
- Creation & delivery of webinars to showcase the Stabicad workflow and the value that Stabicad adds to the Revit platform for MEP designers.
- Advocating BIM processes and other products and services.
- Supporting our non technical sales team in technical qualification conversations.
- Developing the sales team’s product and industry knowledge so they can take opportunities further, before requesting technical pre-sales support.
- Hosting interactive meetings and workshops, discussing questions, issues and recommendations in groups.
- Tracking their competitors, gathering intelligence on product differentiation and using this to leverage the companies market advantage.
- Working closely with their Product Management team to inform and prioritise our road-map in response to customer’s requests, and out-compete alternative solutions.
- Using your industry experience to support our marketing efforts by providing content and messaging for demo videos, feature insights, magazine/website articles etc.
Skills/Qualifications/Background You Could Bring
- Skilled in the use of Autodesk REVIT MEP.
- Qualified to HNC, HND or higher level in Electrical Engineering.
- A background in MEP with strong hands-on experience in the UK market, working as an Electrical Engineer for an Engineering Consultancy or a Contracting company, or performing a similar role to this within a Software organisation.
Enhanced Knowledge & Experience that are helpful but not required:
- Knowledge of Mechanical Design services.
- Experience in Trimble ProDesign, Autocad, Fab MEP, Stabicad and/or Magicad software applications (other similar programmes would be beneficial too).
What Is On Offer?
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies.
- A lead role with visibility, autonomy and technical challenges.
- A career within a close-knit team but one that is part of a global organisation that spans multiple industries, across 40+ countries, with a workforce of over 11,500 individuals.
- Private medical cover, income protection, a generous annual leave entitlement, company performance related bonus, pension contributions, referral commission for other divisions and access to the employee share scheme.
- They train, mentor, support and encourage individuality
This company do not just offer jobs, they offer careers.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please contact Dominic Horne of Energi People.
Energi People are a privately owned global multi-disciplinary recruitment consultancy, established in 2002.
We are one of the most experienced and successful recruitment consultancies in the built environment & have successfully helped some of the largest and most technically advanced building construction projects across the world be completed by bringing the best technical people in our industry together. We strive to help companies grow & careers flourish.
Our MEP Building Services consultancy team have in excess of 40 years recruitment experience within building services design engineering recruitment within the UK & Internationally, including a previous building services design and project engineer as part of our dedicated, highly skilled & passionate team.