Senior Sustainability Consultant – London, Manchester, Leeds Job, London
We are seeking experienced senior consultants with a strong track record to join our team and contribute to a diverse range of significant and complex projects across various sectors. In this role, you will work autonomously and proactively, while ensuring the commercial success of our projects. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with senior management, and there are no barriers to your growth in this role.
You will take ownership of the delivery of key project work streams. Leading workshops with design teams will be an important aspect of your role. You will also be responsible for the management, growth, and mentorship of junior team members, while actively engaging with clients to ensure project delivery within established time lines and budgets, and to effectively navigate any changes that may arise.
We are looking for individuals with adept critical thinking skills, capable of delivering work with a high degree of autonomy. Our projects are in a diverse range of locations and occasional travel, as well as the flexibility to work outside standard office hours, may be needed.
As part of your role, you will be contributing to progressive and inspiring projects, gaining exposure to innovative initiatives across various sectors. Our structured Competency Framework will provide you with a clear road map for advancing your career.
If you are motivated and ambitious, prepared to be a catalyst for change, we encourage you to reach out to us. Become an integral part of our mission to shape a sustainable future and let us work collaboratively towards this goal.
* Conduct a variety of analysis relating to energy and carbon modelling. These may include Part L thermal modelling, operational energy calculations, embodied carbon calculations, circular economy strategy development, overheating and other thermal comfort assessments.
* Lead client and design team workshops ensuring clear and articulate communication.
* Collaborating closely with the key stakeholders to develop sustainable design strategies to produce and energy and sustainability statements in support of planning applications.
* Take ownership and deliver on key project work streams.
* Support the delivery of sustainability assessments such as BREEAM, WELL, HQM, etc.
* Collaborating with other members of the team on R&D initiatives ensuring we remain on the forefront of our industry.
* Support the training and development of junior members of the team.
Please note that as we are recruiting for multiple positions, it is not expected that you will have expertise in all the listed skills. You will be expected to have strengths in some but be willing to gain experience in others.
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant subject.
* Relevant industry experience.
* Understanding of Building Regulations Part L.
* Able to conduct energy, carbon, and/or comfort calculations using with dynamic simulation packages such as IESVE, Tas, Energy Plus, or Design Builder.
* Ability to conduct non-domestic energy assessments for planning.
* Knowledge of whole life-cycle carbon assessments (preferably using One Click LCA).
* Facilitating circular economy workshops with key stakeholders.
* Certification in relevant sustainability frameworks (LEED, BREEAM, WELL, etc.) is desirable.
* Experience in HVAC modelling for operational energy assessments is desirable.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey complex sustainable design concepts to clients, team members, and stakeholders.
* Ability to obtain security clearance.