Senior Sustainability & Mechanical Engineer Job, Croydon
We have a current opportunity for a Senior Sustainability & Mechanical Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Croydon. For further information about this position please apply.
- Understand the project scope of work and be aware of any limitations that may affect project progression.
- Have an understanding of project costs and the impact of designs on the overall budget for the scheme and monitor time against these costs.
- Produce renewable energy feasibility studies and contribute to the overall feasibility study for the specified project.
- Promote and consider Sustainability and Energy efficiency within designs.
- As required produce detailed designs, taking into account maintenance and installation practices and supervision the work of others in this function.
- Where required, produce evidence for BREEAM Assessments.
- Communicate proactively and professionally with external design teams and clients, attending meetings in a professional manner. Prepare diligently for all meetings and issues a pre-prepared progress report to the meeting.
- Hold a degree or equivalent in building services or mechanical engineering. Ideally be chartered engineer or in the process of achieving chartership
- Be an accredited low carbon energy assessor at levels 3-4 or be working towards it.
- Competent with technical report writing.
- Have experience with thermal modelling for Part L compliance using IES.
- Be capable of using SAP for energy assessments and Part L compliance.
- Be capable of producing Energy and Sustainability Statements in support of planning applications
- Have good attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
Full Job specification available upon request