Smart Buildings Associate Director / Director Job, London
Smart Buildings Associate Director / Director
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Smart Buildings Associate Director / Director, with natural gravitas and the ability to inspire others, to lead, grow and develop their existing Smart Buildings team in London.
This unique opportunity is to join an established and expanding international MEP Building Services Design consultancy as a Smart Buildings Associate Director / Director in their award winning London office.
The Smart Buildings Associate Director / Director role in London will suit a tenacious, career driven and technically gifted Technology/Mechanical engineer, with the ability to develop business, scale a team and mentor more junior engineers. Along with being technically sound and a strong communicator and influencer.
I have partnered with this excellent MEP Building Services consultancy for over 10 years in the UK and overseas, placing a number of engineers at all levels and cannot recommend them any higher.
Not only do they have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, engagement and employee satisfaction, they are incredibly passionate about sustainability, offering a wide array of engineering & sustainability services across the globe.
The BMS / Smart Buildings Lead is expected to play a significant role in the leadership of the sector in relation to BMS & Smart Buildings. They will represent the sector at meetings (internal and external), and they will be expected to contribute to the corporate business strategy linked to this sector. They will plan long-term business focused solutions in relation to BMS / Smart Buildings and can identify potential projects and procure work independently within their specialist field.
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Should be able to run a project with fees of £2million+ – £5million with little intervention from a director
- Play a significant role in the leadership of the team and in growing the sector
- May represent the sector at Board level meetings
- Contributes to corporate business strategy
- Leads on company-wide projects/activities
- Plans long-term business focused solutions
- Can identify potential markets and procure work independently
- Takes responsibility for arranging internal briefing meetings with all disciplines and internal support group engineers, on project start up and regularly throughout the life of project design
- Has the ability to run workshops with the Architects (and other relevant consultants) immediately following appointment and throughout the life of the project when required
- Holds regular meetings during each week thereafter with the engineers to review progress and key project issues, to ensure these are being actioned accordingly
- Ensures that designs have been checked against the brief, fire strategy, industry guidance and regulations etc.
- Has the ability to think outside their specialism and integrate multi-disciplinary requirements into holistic co-ordinated solutions;
- Ability to understand the balance of engineering priorities on differing projects;
Successful candidates will have the following education and experience:
- 5-10 years of experience within BMS / Smart Buildings
- Passionate about pushing the boundaries of innovation with the BMS and Smart Buildings space
- Have a solid understanding and proven track record in interfacing with other disciplines
- Experience leading DTM’s, client meetings & internal presentations
- Business development capacity
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Mentoring and leadership strengths
To apply for this fantastic Smart Buildings Associate Director / Director opportunity, please contact James Mowat, Associate Director of Energi People.
Energi People are a privately owned global multi-disciplinary recruitment consultancy, established in 2002.
We are one of the most experienced and successful recruitment consultancies in the built environment & have successfully helped some of the largest and most technically advanced building construction projects across the world be completed by bringing the best technical people in our industry together. We strive to help companies grow & careers flourish.
Our Building Services consultancy team have in excess of 40 years recruitment experience within building services engineering recruitment within the UK & Internationally, including a previous building services design and project engineer as part of our dedicated, highly skilled & passionate team.
Please note; Due to Govt. restrictions, this position is only available to UK based candidates with right to work in the UK. Unfortunately my client is unable to provide sponsorship to candidates at the current time.