Smart Buildings / Smart Cities Technology Consultant Job, England
Smart Buildings / Smart Cities Technology Consultant
As the Smart Buildings / Smart Cities Technology Consultant, you’ll be working on the world’s best and bleeding-edge Smart Buildings and Smart Cities projects across a range of sectors including stadia, culture, workplace, transport, education, residential, and more, for the leading design consultants in this space.
Smart Buildings / Smart Cities Technology Consultant Job Role
- Consulting with clients, collaborators and stakeholders to capture requirement and probe into the desired outcomes.
- Develop briefs and strategies, market capability, roadmaps and budgets taking into account a variety of factors.
- Input into consultative work – will require an good understanding of key business drivers for digital technology and it’s implementation, and the ability to support clients in developing briefs for later design work.
- Communicating with clients to support them in developing their aspirations and ideas to help tailor solutions bespoke to each project, that consider up to date technology and harness the benefits of integration with other services and disciplines.
- Understanding and promoting smart building technology; developing smart building and smart city strategies that support the business aspirations of the client’s development.
- Supporting project production activities such as 3d modelling in a BIM environment using Revit.
- Take an active role in helping to promote the department and engage with senior management in supporting the development of group strategy.
Smart Buildings / Smart Cities Technology Consultant Job: Required Skills and Experience
- Relevant industrial qualifications and a desire to pursue professional registration with a relevant body.
- Expertise in a specific field of information technology is important, ideally accompanied by design experience.
- Experience in a Technology role focused on the built environment.
- Experience leading the development of technology infrastructures from brief through to specification and tender support.
- Knowledge of SMART Building Technology, Passive ICT infrastructure, Structured Cabling, Wireless Networks, IoT.
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum, exclusive of Bank Holidays.
- International working and flexible holiday
- 3pm finish on the last Friday of the month.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance and Income Protection.
- Professional subscriptions.
- Flexible Benefits – including Cycle scheme, Dental insurance, Optical Cover, Travel insurance, Corporate discounts.