Structural Regional Director Job, London
Structural Regional Director
£70,000 to £75,000 + benefits
Structural Regional Director
An award-winning Tier 1 Civil and Structural consultancy in Central London required a Regional Director to support growth within our Structure’s division.
Our client offers the potential to be involved in large and prestigious buildings projects throughout the UK and internationally. The project sectors they are currently involved in include commercial, mixed use, residential, healthcare, education, retail and leisure upwards of £100m in construction value.
The role will be involved with multiple projects, will include a varied workload whilst offering the autonomy to work individually, but will also assist in planning and managing appropriate resources to deliver projects. Reporting to a Board Director, you will provide support in delivering projects effectively to strict deadlines, whilst maintaining technical performance standards.
- To assist and deputise, when required, for the Director in leading, managing and taking responsibility for the technical and commercial performance of your designated projects.
- Assume financial responsibility for all projects in so far as your Director requires i.e. management of resources to deliver the anticipated cost to complete the work
- Price work within the parameters agreed by the Directors, and show a good understanding of market value of services
- To keep abreast of industry best practice and new developments in your own area of technical expertise.
- Broaden the range of services provided to new and existing clients
- To develop and maintain an effective network of contacts and participate in industry events (seminars, conferences, etc).
- To contribute to management of all technical and commercial aspects of commissions.
- To lead, set and maintain technical standards.
- To review and approve work prepared by others.
- Manage the training and career development of staff, including the development and provision of internal courses/seminars
- Have a sound understanding of the CDM Regulations, specifically the Designers requirements
Skills & Experiences:
- Degree qualified Chartered Structural Engineer in a relevant discipline, or an Engineer with lower qualifications but a minimum 10 years relevant experience.
- Shall have a good commercial awareness and judgement.
- Have the drive and self-motivation to continuously develop your skills.
- Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and to be able to build and develop relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff by example.
This is a great opportunity that will be snapped up quickly so please apply today
Structural, Engineer, Design, Building