Support Engineer Job, England
Location: Homebased Role
Salary: £23,000 – £28,000
My client is a market leading design software reseller that are expanding at a phenomenal rate. They are looking for a Support Engineer to join their support team. This person will be providing technical software support to customers via telephone, email and video/remote access.
The successful candidate will be a good communicator with the ability to converse and build relationships with people at all levels of a business. Do you have an interest in IT or CAD and not sure of how to get your foot in the door of a reputable business? This is the role for you.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing a high standard of pre and post-sales support of software and software services to customers and colleagues using effective oral and written communication
- Manage the resolution of customer support cases relating to the intended use of the software portfolio ensuring that outcomes are communicated clearly to each customer
- Producing technical mixed media collateral to assist in the provision of support
- Manage the liaison with and escalation to internal and external resources when required to resolve a customer support case
- Liaising with suppliers and product vendors in order to advise customers and colleagues on design solutions and escalate support issues
- Providing advice on deployment, installation, configuration of the software portfolio
- Organising technical information whilst liaising directly with the customer to develop solutions
- Being an ambassador during all customer interactions and acting as a role model for the behaviours which will develop the business into a truly service orientated business
- Carrying out any other ad-hoc duties within your capabilities that are relevant to the job and reasonably requested of you by your manager
- Conduct web demonstrations of products as required by line manager
- Assist sales team and customers with advice on correct products and training courses
- Produce regular blog posts, Videos, White papers and FAQs in line with objectives set by line manager
The Ideal Candidate
- Determines and delivers the best solution to meet the customer needs
- Customer Service Experience
- Interest in IT and/or CAD
- Understands customers’ requirements, fulfils specific needs when requested.
- Is courteous, helpful and approachable to customers.
- Seeks to understand the needs and concerns of customers.
- Strives to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Demonstrates a high level of care and attention to detail.
- Observes agreed standards and best practice procedures.
- Communicates confidently and assertively at all levels.
- Uses effective questioning and active listening skills.
- Plans and monitors own work to achieve priorities.
- Demonstrates sound judgment when making decisions and decisions reflect both technical and commercial considerations.