Sustainability Associate Job, Berkshire
An award winning consultancy has an immediate requirement for an Associate level sustainability engineer to join their team in their Berkshire offices.
They are looking for someone with a passion for Energy & Sustainability and the experience of managing a team/department (Services: Daylight modelling/BREEAM/Energy Certification/Energy Audits). You will have a good grounding in sustainable building design and energy policy/legislation to drive the company’s growth plans. We offer the potential for you to develop your career further within this interesting and unique organisation.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Associate Energy & Sustainability Consultant will be responsible for successfully taking the lead of the Sustainability team in the overall preparation and submission of BREEAM assessments, Energy Statements, Energy audits, ESOS, SCER and SAP / SBEM calculations. This will also require managing and coordinating preferred suppliers and tracker documents, assisting with fee proposals and tender returns and also the mentorship of junior Sustainability staff.
Manage the Energy & Sustainability department resources and to ensure a profitable outcome of the business unit.
– Taking the lead on all communications with Clients.
– Advising on fees and drafting fee proposals.
– Interpreting a “can do” attitude.
Sustainability / Design Team Management
– Communicating with sustainability / design team members.
– Prepare written reports for sustainability / DTMs.
– Convene technical domestic meetings with team.
– Provide assistance to all team.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
– Allocate and monitor project tasks and time.
– Engender “can do” attitude with personnel.
– Encourage, listen and motivate staff.
– Produce weekly / daily work plans.
- Staff mentorship.
– Fully brief team.
– Manage and co-ordinate activities.
– Hold team meetings.
– Manage deadlines.
– Assist to develop continuous improvement culture.
– Provide ideas for continuous improvement of business.
– Attend appropriate CPDs in order to maintain and build on current accreditations.
Key Skills and Experience
- Engineering or Environmental Degree qualified
- Proficient at Energy & Sustainability or Building Physics/Modelling
- Good understanding of Planning Policies and industry best practice guidelines and relevant legislation
- BREEAM accredited
- Non Domestic Energy assessor
- Qualified and Chartered member of CIBSE/ASHRAE
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Solid network of relevant stakeholder contacts
- Competence/Accreditation in SAP/ESOS/SCER/daylight modelling
They offer the following
- Dynamic and fast-paced but talent nurturing environment
- Full training and support for professional memberships